What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Just had Olympic/Paralympic fly past straight over my office! Navy choppers, then Tyffies plus AWACS and then the Arrows.

Wonderful!

Great view from 12th floor as they sped over us and then on towards the West End, the jets then breaking to the right up to the North.

We also had an AWAC and two flanking Typhoons bank across us ... some other helicopters (no sure the type)

All for the Team GB parade in London.

There were I think two Lynxes, a Sea King ASC& and AN Other I couldnt quite see (maybe another Lynx?).

Y'know, it occurs to me that we should have a Britmodeller central London get-together some time. There's an absolutely cracking greasy spoon very close to my office, which I suspect isn't a million miles from some of you ...

Hi,mike was it southport show yesterday,as had a couple of loud low jets over us....its normally the police helicopter,cheers Don

Yeah - Southport, then Duxford, so that's why they were heading South overhead. The Spits also stopped by a car show somewhere near hear according to a mate that was there :)

Chinook went into Manchester Airport earlier. It was following the normal airliner approach route in, right over work

WOKKA WOKKA WOKKA WOKKA WOKKA :thumbsup:

The most interesting thing since the AWACS went over 2 months ago. Even the fat Airbus is boring now

Last night, a very noisy Hawaiian Airliners 777 flew over outbound to Hawaii, at what for my location in Sydney was a very low altitude. Thanks to Plane Finder I was able to identify it and will be standing by more noisy departures when the same route is taken in the future.

A blue jet provost just flew over my head really low and I mean really low it was coming from the otherside of the thames in kent going NW.. :thumbsup::analintruder:

I wonder if it will come back ???? ;)

Wednesday when cutting the grass their was a spitfire buzzing about which I suspect was Caroline Grace.

Thursday in Ipswich quite a few Apaches buzzing around.

Still cant beat hearing that merlin tho.

Julien