What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

I used to live next door to Heathrow for many years. The planes were so low you could feel the turbulence as they came over. A year ago I moved to Shropshire and there are no planes overhead. None. Not a single one. At the risk of being thrown off the forum as a dangerous heretic, I love it. :pilot:

Same here... Used to live in Hounslow.

Back in the old "Teen" years, when spotting it was great, but I don't really miss it now. There used to be (don't kow if it's still) be a cargo flight arrive at 01:00 every night (morning)... Sure don't miss that coming over.

I heard the sound of a Chinook about to pass overhead, ran outside and saw it heading towards Brize with a JCB hanging below. I love living here........!

Edited by Hutch

Nice blast from the past !! - 13.55 hrs - two F-15's climbing out of Leuchars came over the cottage, heading South. Nice to see something familiar, makes a change these new fangled 'phoon thingies.

Dennis W R

Edited by sloegin57

Wasn't me then! I was sure I saw a B52 heading towards Oxford but I thought I was going crazy! ]

B-52H Scalp 99 arrived at Fairford Monday afternoon after appearing at Silac (Slovakia) airshow.

B-52's are also scheduled to appear at: -

Berlin ILA airshow (11th - 16th Sept)

Jersey airshow (13th Sept)

Leuchars airshow (15th Sept)

Ostrava airshow, Czech Republic (22nd - 23rd Sept)

Rumour has it they are using Fairford as their base while in Europe for the above shows and also to support NATO Exercises Bohemian Rhapsody 2 and Ramstein Rover 2012 during September, so more are expected to arrive.

Edited by Scarlet

B-52H Scalp 99 arrived at Fairford Monday afternoon after appearing at Silac (Slovakia) airshow.

B-52's are also scheduled to appear at: -

Berlin ILA airshow (11th - 16th Sept)

Jersey airshow (13th Sept)

Leuchars airshow (15th Sept)

Ostrava airshow, Czech Republic (22nd - 23rd Sept)

Rumour has it they are using Fairford as their base while in Europe for the above shows and also to support NATO Exercises Bohemian Rhapsody 2 and Ramstein Rover 2012 during September, so more are expected to arrive.

Cool, I'd better charge my camera batteries!

Some of the local arsonists have been very busy little vermin so we've had this selection - the Beriev was back in '06 the rest, yesterday and today...

beriev01.jpg

CL215turbo-01.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

just had a jet over fly Bletchley (Milton Keynes) about 20 minutes ago now.

sadly didn't see it, it was low and far too quick (and me and Missus were both in the house!)

it was more of a woosh than a rumble so going on my knowledge, I't guess at something like a hunter?

Anyone know what it really was.

might be the wrong forum here, however can anyone tell me what is the 4 engined heavy that flies over my house at about 12.15 - 12.25 every sunday

I guess it takes off from leeds/bradford and then heads in the general direction of manchester without gaining height?

Edited by plimsol

We had a rather good day yesterday - A couple of Tornados (which I missed), the the Lancaster flew directly overhead at about 500 feet later that day, which was amazing, then the Spit & Hurri about an hour or so later. Oh, and a Sea Fury flew over a couple of times throughout the day... It was like our own airshow ^_^

We had a rather good day yesterday - A couple of Tornados (which I missed), the the Lancaster flew directly overhead at about 500 feet later that day, which was amazing, then the Spit & Hurri about an hour or so later. Oh, and a Sea Fury flew over a couple of times throughout the day... It was like our own airshow ^_^

Hi,mike was it southport show yesterday,as had a couple of loud low jets over us....its normally the police helicopter,cheers Don