012-1.jpg

BBMF

018.jpg

Vulcan XH558

029.jpg

032.jpg

Tornados including pyrotechnics

039.jpg

And to think I was brought up under Dunsfolds flightpath, weaned on the sound of Hunters, Harriers and Hawks. Shame it's only two days a year now.

Well as I was driving about a mile away from home:

Five or Six Hawks overtook me, straight over the top of the car - followed by three more

the a last one bringing up the rear. They were Red funnily enough, heading North - probably out of Kemble today.

I saw a Hawk T1 flying, fairly low in a soth-east direction yesterday morning. Checking out Shoreham prior to this weekend's airshow?

John

'ow do!

I'm down in Lincoln tonight and, this pm, took the hance to visit the BoBMF at Coningsby. At around 4:30 after a rather excellent tour of the hanger I heard a large jet overhead - not the usual Typhoons. I am not sure what it was but the profile was similar to a B-1 bomber. It certainly wasn't the profile of a commercial jet. Any ideas??

'ow do!

I'm down in Lincoln tonight and, this pm, took the hance to visit the BoBMF at Coningsby. At around 4:30 after a rather excellent tour of the hanger I heard a large jet overhead - not the usual Typhoons. I am not sure what it was but the profile was similar to a B-1 bomber. It certainly wasn't the profile of a commercial jet. Any ideas??

Earlier tday I saw what I thought was a C47 Dakota (possibly BobMF?) over the South Downs -checking out Shoreham in readiness for this weekends airshow.

John

Just been round to the g/f's house near Bognor to check on how the renovation's going after the flooding. Hearing some engines I recognise I head towards the window calling out 'Lancaster! Lancaster!' Indeed it was, accompanied by Spitfire and Huricane. Ahhhh, 6 Merlins! (Or was it 5 Merlins and 1 Griffon? :) ) I assume they were heading from Bournemouth to Shoreham, both having their airshows today.

A short while later, about to leave the house and there's that engine sound again. I dash out the front door, look out along the close and there, almost filling the sky, was the Lanc. It was soooo low, the underside detail was so clear! The Hurricane was slightly behind and to one side, and ohhhhhh, the sound! GF comes rushing out saying "what was that, the house was shaking!" I couldn't reply for a short while, a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye - I don't know how many times I've seen the BBMF, and it always gives a shiver down the spine - but this time it made me rather emotional. I think it was being so low and feeling the engines. I want to dash home and start one!

Jimbo

PS Just done some quick sums when I got back, and based on the size it seemed in the sky, I work out it was about 600 feet :)

Was at Culdrose on Friday morning and was lucky enough to get a good 15 minites of a Sea Fury doing a flypast. All other flying was suspended until it did a low level salute and then flew off towards Falmouth.

Steve

Whilst walking my dogs down the centre of the main runway of RAF Broardwell (it closed in 1946!!!!) I watched a B-52 pass over head and after flying over Brize Norton (about a mile away) it turned through 180 and settled on finals into Fairford. Well, I'm sure it reached Fairford as there hasn't been anything on the news......