What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Yesterday tea time,a P51 at full throttle.

nothing interesting EVER flies over here, however, just pulled up tonight to see Vickers finest flying over pretty low en route into Brize - i guess she's just back from an Olympics refuelling sortie?

it's worth the year of nothing flying over for that site! gonna miss her!

Could have sworn I saw a C123 Provider over Newcastle today. I couldn't get a proper look because I was trying not to ignore the person I was talking to but what I did glimpse was AT shaped, too squat to be a Herc, too short tailed for a C160. I was torn between two engines with tanks or four engines. Maybe a Casa 212? Any suggestions (other than glasses) welcome. I do realise that it wasn't a 123 by the way!

Was it not 2 typhoons and 2 GR.4s? Only caught a brief glimpse between trees etc.

The flypast is being cut to a single aircraft because people have been complaining about the noise.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/raf-to-scale-back-tattoo-fly-pasts-after-noise-of-jets-sparks-panic-1-2461412?commentspage=1

Not flying rather scudding across the sky are heavy rain clouds. We have the front of a storm coming in from Cape Town high winds, rain and 8m high waves. Which is a pity as there is a surfing contest happening deon the raod. With waves that high it could be quiter scarey!

Aviation wise this week a solitary Jet Ranger.

Colin on the Africa Station

We were at Stongehenge on Thursday ans saw in the space of an hour 4 Grobs,( seemed to be using the Henge as a turn point, two Merlins, 1 RN, 1RAF, two Alpha Jets( or one twice), an Apache, a Chinook,and a Hercules. More military hardware in a n hour that I've seen in the Sheffield-Barnsley-Rotherham triange in a year. No doubt the residents will be complaining, but me and the kids loved it.

Which strikes me as odd because the 4 ship formation saunters by quite sedately whereas the tiffee howls over then turns up the burners over the castle!

Well, I live in Abbeyhill, about a mile from the Castle, so I assume the burners were already on when they flew over my house. Didn't sound very sedate! (Not that I was one of those who complained!)

Just had this come over, luckily I was trying out a lens in the garden.

STORCH.jpg

sorry not really sure what has happened but cant get image on there only link

Edited by Skids

This morning and Tues AM - just before 10am, a very noisy VC-10 - sounding like something a lot more sporty.

Probably full, climbing out to rendezvous with fighters over the sea somewhere.

Each time I see a VC-10 - I think it could well be the final occasion.