What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Approx 15.20,heard a loud engine roar,looked up to see a Spitfire and Hurricane flying about 300 ft over towards our house in Burbage,nr Hinckley,Leics. Fantastic sight.

Dave.

• Like 1

Been waiting years to post in here with something interesting, so my day has been made on two counts.

2 Blackhawks came up out of Belfast City Airport, steep climb and away into the clouds. Now a Blackhawk is definitely unusual in NI airspace, but they have been known to be seen at the G8 and US Presidential visits.

The real gem here, is that i am convinced they where 160th SOAR birds. Both minus IFR probes, but had the ESS stub-wings with large fuel tanks, and the radar pods where in the centre of the nose (not the side like USAF SOF birds), and a dark black colour.

Chris.

HMS Gannet Seaking <3

Stacks of big expensive biz jets sitting at Glasgow today too - Ryder Cup week.

Oh and a diverted LOT 787 with a..........fire warning!

Eng

Mid-afternoon in the office today, I heard a very distinctive sound and looked out of the window to see a JU 52 fly over. My colleagues didn't bat an eyelid.

Otherwise, the occasional Blackhawk passes by, and every now and then a Tornado flies over - the office complex is quite distinctive and is a useful waypoint.

Large dark coloured helicopter heading North by North West over St Andrews at 19.00. Dusk so positive id not fully possible but appeared to be H-53 type and size. Three distinctive lights in the nose. Did not turn into Leuchars. Direction of flight could take it into Lossiemouth but it would have to skirt around Balmoral. No IFR probe fitted. Any ideas -just that its unusual to see aircraft so low in this area now that Leuchars is closed. And on a Saturday at that

Dennis