What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Had the BBMF Lanc over my garden at @ 0930n this morning heading West out of Conz, think I heard a couple of single engine Merlins floating around somewhere a little earlier in the morning.

Week before last at Caravan site in Woodhall Spa, Conz on night flying, so Typhoons from Midday to Midnight. I loved it but not so smart for my dogs !!

Just seen the Lanc too,......great stuff,......pity there wasn`t another behind it though! It must be coming back from N.Ireland where there is a show at Newcastle and might be doing a fly past over Upper Mill which has a 40`s weekend on this weekend.

I hope tommorrow`s show at Blackpool isn`t a washout,.......like it was last year!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Ten fast jets just tried to rip our roof off! I assume it was the Red Arrows? Came out of Edinburgh very low and fast about 20:40 ish.

Paul Harrison

Not exactly over my house but... Flew into Perpignan this afternoon for holiday and as we were taxiing in we had to stop to let the Patrouille de France cross in front of our Ryanair 737 - they took off for a display and returned half an hour later.. There were a couple of Rafales on the tarmac with them..

Had a very noisy, straight-wing turboprop plane fly over Walthamstow at high altitude. Ran upstairs to get binoculars, but when I was back outside it had flown so I had to look into the sun and couldn't see it any more. Flightradar24 didn't show any large turboprops in the greater London area so I'm thinking it was a C-130 (or P-3, but that's not so likely in the UK).

Jeffrey

Not strictly over the house but RAF Merlin made an emergency landing at Glasgow about 1705 today, it was accompanied to a stand with 4 fire engines all "blues on". It sat rotors running for about 5 mins on stand 6 and then shut down. Crew were around the aircraft for about 30 mins before fitting intake blanks and rotor stops and heading off. Not sure what was up but will try and find out.

Rgds,

Eng

Not over my house but a large 4 engined military transport plane passed very low around Sandown Bay on the Isle of Wight. Followed the contour of the bay and disappeared around the bottom of Shanklin. No idea what it was but it generated a lot of interest from the other people on the promenade. Was around 8pm ish.

Not exactly over my place but over at Dunsfold all day today and yesterday afternoon there has been an aerobatic type cavorting and still is in between heavy showers!! I suspect its something to do with practising for the upcoming Red Bull Air Race at Ascot at the weekend! Or throwing around those twerps from Top Gear!!

Spitfire PR XIX came over this morning in a northeasterly direction, possibly going towards York (Leeming or Linton on Ouse?)

Just had TEN Rolls Royce engines in close formation fly right over my house in Maidstone. Two Lancasters and Two Spitfires in transit between Biggin Hill and Headcorn. Wonderful sight and sound.

Robin.