What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

The Lancaster flew over yesterday flying west from Bishops Waltham

That was at Margate too.

Dick :clown:

about an hour ago ,a RN sea king on its way home to hms gannet ,flying from the direction of the southern general hospital ,probably just after dropping off some

unfortunate climber/accident victim at the rather large heli pad there! heard it ,knew what it was before i clapped peepers on it !! think im turning into a terry

potter :blush: !!

Edited by buccy mad

• 2 weeks later...

Here in North Lincolnshire on the estuary of the Humber we get stuff on thier way to blatting Donna Nook Range, also traffic out of Conningsby Waddington and Scampton are quite regular, about a month ago there was a very low helo pair of a Chinook and a Puma which displeased my equestrian obsessed missus followed an hour later an equally low pair of Tucano, I don't know why but the Typhoons out of Conningsby seem to practice ACM over the river, you hear them turning and burning but unless the sky is cloudless they're difficult to see, impressive stuff through a pair of binoculars watching them do there stuff!! my neighbours think me quite mad lying on my back in the garden staring skyward through a pair of bins at a seemingly empty sky!!

. . . Kes

The Vulcan has just flown overhead - what a bonus!! I guess she's at Waddington this weekend, so I'm not sure what she's doing over Warminster

Two f-16's yesterday! According to my mate who works at farnborough he said they were due in and they had just flown over his house to (his house is on the final turn line in to the runway apparantly).

Great big helicopter, RAF? has been flying in Pembrokeshire area for a week or so now, fills up at the local airfield a few miles from me. Never close enough for a good pic then it flies right over the house today!

There were 3 strange yellow lights flying over my house several nights ago, same direction, one after the other with about 10 minute intervals from the next one. AND.....there was no noise or shapes... (UFO's :lol: )

Edited by NAKAJIMA15

Boeing C17 Globemaster in the circuit over Manston (East Kent).......

Never seen one around here before ........is it lost??

It's on it's way around again...... didn't believe what it saw first time round!!!

They could have been Chinese Lantern's.

I thought they just floated upwards? And they were going quite fast too - unless someone fixed a remote control and small engine to one! :lol:

Looks like it's doing bumps and circuits Daz. Bet it will stop when it gets dizzy!!!

Two f-16's yesterday! According to my mate who works at farnborough he said they were due in and they had just flown over his house to (his house is on the final turn line in to the runway apparantly).

One of them was flying around here (west of Salisbury) earlier today. Didn't see him (cloud too low), but I picked him up on the scanner communicating with Boscombe Down approach. Must have been one of the same pair as he exited back to Farnborough.

Herc - approx 1000' AGL inbound Brize/Fairford...

I guess we may get some interesting traffic overhead today :)

<wanders off to dig out camera>

Iain

Edited by 32SIG