What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Today a visit from an EC135 police chopper, but the pilot lives up the road so I guess he was checking the missus wasn't up to trouble, a Herc went over at reet high Alt and the usual B737/A318/AT42 stuff into Newcastle, a few weeks ago we had a brace of Apache and we get the odd Chinook, Harrier or Tornado going through to Otterburn to "bust some caps" as well as the local 212 sqn Seakings pulling people out of the sea and other forms of mire.

Cheers

Col'

Ryan 73's, cargo 747's, ATP's, Awac E3A's, single engined trainers, twin engined trainers, Bundesgrenzschutz E145's, the occasional Tonka, F16 and Herc, hotair balloons, motorgliders..........know already were i'm at??

J.

Edited by towerpower

The Blades aerobatic team.

But I do work next to Sywell areodrome where they are based.

We often get Spitfires, P51`s and even a Vulcan do a couple laps over the top of my work shop. Gives us some thing to look at at lunch time.

Live nearish to Odiham and Farnborugh in Hants so get chinooks flying over quite regularly and all the small commercial stuff i assume using Farnborugh. Get the odd puma and chinook that seem to land just behind the houses on the next coast but am assuming that they land on some of the military land that is a bit further away, but it always seems closer. Also living near Farnborugh is interesting during the airshow. Remember in '08 or '06, can't remember, driving down The Hogs Back(A31) and the A380 flying in the opposite direction parallel to the A31, and also that same year on way home from work on two seperate occassions having the B1 crossing my route..AWESOME!

Thought i'd mention that my parents live about 20mins from Waddington so they get all sorts go over. Remember being on the phone to my mum and i could hear a roar in the background and i said "what is that", so my mum popped her head out of the conservatory door and said "oh....it's only the red arrows" . She then phoned back a while later and said some other stuff that had flown over. Just as she was listing some of the planes i found myself watching the same stuff on tv for the Queens birthday flypast, must have been on route.

Just had a Tucano buzzing around overhead which is very unusual for here wonder where it was headed

Russ

Just had a Sea King HAS5/6 or HU-5 fly over. A bit far away for my eyesight but could've been the 771 Anniversary cab as it was a dark colour.

If the sky is clear I see two or three C-17's a day up at about 30'000 feet or thereabouts, flying east from the States to the UK or onto Afghanistan, aswell as the usual passenger traffic (very busy corridor here over South Wales). Last Saturday a Sea King HAR.3 buzzed the village (possibly been to the aid of a girl who'd fallen from her horse at Aberavon beach). Then on Wednesday x2 RAF Merlins buzzed the village, possibly on their way to MOD St. Athan but who knows. The rarest aircraft I've seen about here recently is a Percival Provost in 1950's silver paint with yellow fuselage and wing stripes, with the RAF roundels. That made my day!

Edited by VulcanXH558

When we was at Piercebridge this morning, we had a long AH64D Apache fly over at about 600ft, which was nice!

Adam

Airbus, Airbus, Airbus, Boeing, Boeing, Airbus, Boeing, Boeing, Airbus ... and the occasional Cherokee. Dull, dull, dull.

:ditto:

Comes of living under the downwind leg of Manchester airport circuit!

regulary gettin Black Hawks from RAF Valley and the Airbus site is only a few 100meters away from mi house so the Belluger is a regular - most i`ve seen at once is 3 of the 5 in service taking the wings to Germany/France. Had a shock surprise two days ago - seen a red/white Hawk. Even though my company has deliverd most of the latest spec Hawks still not seen any, only see them at work. :wacko:

The Red Arrows have just opened Margates Big Event. Should be a good weekend as there are 2 afternoons of flying displays. Some of the WW11 aircraft might be cancelled as it's blowing a gale and chucking it down with rain ( it must be June and the great British summer!!!)

Dick :clown:

The Red Arrows have just opened Margates Big Event. Should be a good weekend as there are 2 afternoons of flying displays. Some of the WW11 aircraft might be cancelled as it's blowing a gale and chucking it down with rain ( it must be June and the great British summer!!!)

yup nothing will be flying in this , may nip to manston for the Typhoons tomorrow....hope next weekend & Biggin is better weather!!

Me too. Two Spitfires and a Bouchon in Vic formation heading Duxford way, 3.30 ish.

Just finished displaying at the Margate Big Event....there was a break in the rain!!!

They do do a lovely display.

Just finished displaying at the Margate Big Event....there was a break in the rain!!!

They do do a lovely display.

That explains the direction they were flying in then. Its amazing how loud the old piston planes are. Imagine what it must have been like when there was hundreds of them!

That explains the direction they were flying in then. Its amazing how loud the old piston planes are. Imagine what it must have been like when there was hundreds of them!

You get an idea at the Duxford warbirds displays. Used to have that sort of thing at West Malling many, many years a go. They used to get everything up that was capable of flying for a big final fly past. Usually in vic 3 formations.