What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Gloster Meteor - with a dayglo tail flying north west over Northampton at 15.30 today - any ideas anyone?

Must be one of the Martin Baker ones I would think !! :analintruder:

Edited by Gundylunch

Had quite a lot buzzing around today including a Huey in Army Camo and Dayglo top, a DH Dragon G-ECAN in formation with a Leopard Moth and several jets which I could not get to see !! :analintruder:

Regular over my house: Antonov An-2, PZL M-18 Dromader, Cessna 172, Piper Tomahawk, MiG-29 and 21, Galeb G-4...

An AN-2 and a MiG-29 are regularly flying over your house? :analintruder:

An AN-2 and a MiG-29 are regularly flying over your house? :analintruder:

Yes, because an airfield where cropdusters fly from is around 0.5 miles from my house, and Serbian AF base where the MiGs are is just across the river, around 3 miles away. :whistle:

Gloster Meteor - with a dayglo tail flying north west over Northampton at 15.30 today - any ideas anyone?

I'm jealous I missed that one. Saw a Puma flying over the town centre yesterday lunchtime though.

It was WL419, headed across to Cranwell to join WA638, both currently on the ramp there ahead of the private function to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the first jet-powered flight in Britain on Sunday. There will be a flypast of at least 1 meteor over the RAF College at 1600L on Sunday and this will also overfly the Cranwell Aviation Heritage centre shortly afterwards.

There's also a role demo scheduled for 1350L -1450L on Monday at Coningsby too if anyone's in the area. I'll not be able to make either as I'll be in France, so would welcome seeing some pics!

G.

Thanks for that - Steve

It was WL419, headed across to Cranwell to join WA638, both currently on the ramp there ahead of the private function to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the first jet-powered flight in Britain on Sunday. There will be a flypast of at least 1 meteor over the RAF College at 1600L on Sunday and this will also overfly the Cranwell Aviation Heritage centre shortly afterwards.

There's also a role demo scheduled for 1350L -1450L on Monday at Coningsby too if anyone's in the area. I'll not be able to make either as I'll be in France, so would welcome seeing some pics!

G.

Worm, I wonder if that was the one I saw in Newcastle yesterday and again today? I think it had overnighted at the TA barracks.

A pair of Chinooks went over today in the same direction, heading south.

Yes, because an airfield where cropdusters fly from is around 0.5 miles from my house, and Serbian AF base where the MiGs are is just across the river, around 3 miles away. :whistle:

what a lucky man!

Meteor has just flown over Northampton in very close and slow formation with a high tail twin engine prop .........assuming they are on they way back home...

G.

4 Chinooks very low at about 10.15am. Headed up the Dee valley towards Llangollen. All 4 came back about 5 mins later and headed up another valley paralell with the first and dissappeared. Wrong turn?