What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

It’s a beautiful day with a blue sky and a low winter sun. All the light aircraft are overflying my back garden to land. And then it got even better, the Tiger Airways silver Stampe glided over, it’s engine pop-popping as she throttled back, the sun on her wings as she side slipped past my chimney pot.

That’s why I bought this house, makes me all poetic!

David

F-16's from Leeuwarden are apparently doing an extensive Out of Base exercise where Twente AB is their temporary base. The past weeks I've seen (and heard) more F-16's than in the last three years. I like it :D The sound is just so recognizable

It’s a beautiful day with a blue sky and a low winter sun. All the light aircraft are overflying my back garden to land. And then it got even better, the Tiger Airways silver Stampe glided over, it’s engine pop-popping as she throttled back, the sun on her wings as she side slipped past my chimney pot.

That’s why I bought this house, makes me all poetic!

David

Should have gone to Specsavers !, and got a house you can make models in !! :rofl:

Should have gone to Specsavers !, and got a house you can make models in !! :rofl:

Yes, very drole. (I nearly smiled.)

I am making a model, I just popped onto this to check out my Corsair should look like. I've bought the Eduard zoom set, very small and fiddly! but I am making something, shoud be finished by Christmas . . . . (which year he asks)

PS My OKI decal printer is doing surprsingly well on ebay!

Yes, very drole. (I nearly smiled.)

I am making a model, I just popped onto this to check out my Corsair should look like. I've bought the Eduard zoom set, very small and fiddly! but I am making something, shoud be finished by Christmas . . . . (which year he asks)

PS My OKI decal printer is doing surprsingly well on ebay!

Glad to hear it, seriously, is your garden close enough for some nice approach photography ??

Glad to hear it, seriously, is your garden close enough for some nice approach photography ??

Yes and no. Depends on the pilot, some take a lower approach than others and of course they have to clear the houses. Only the small stuff use the runway that we are in line with but that includes the odd Islander and Dornier (not Do-17) . But you are welcome to try (I only charge a small fee), you'd just need to check with me on wind direction etc.

I thought the VC-10 flights had been canned? Just heard that distinctive Conway noise and looked up to see the usual flight headed north over Cheltenham - presumably from Brize.

It's still the only good looking man-made thing bigger than a Concorde...

• 2 weeks later...

It's a dull day here but a Slingsby Firefly has been doing some relaxed aerobatics over Staverton. Very nice too. Being bright yellow it showed up well against the clouds, reminds me of the Yellow Jacks. When I was a lad . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Our office is under the flightpath of Mildenhall on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, so we get the usual USAF Stratotankers, C-17's, C-130's and F-15's from Lakenheath, plus Tornado's from Marham and Apaches from Wattisham.

Nothing today...

Saw a DC-8-62 on approach to Manston a couple of days ago - couldn't see what airline it was as it was in a rather anonymous all white livery. I used to see MK Airlines DC-8s and 747s all the time a few years ago, first time I've seen one in ages!