What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

We had the NW Air Ambulance fly over the house a couple of days ago but little did I know it was going to the school where my missus works,.....she is the first aider and was treating one of the kids who had suffered an accidental head bash in the school playground! She did brilliantly and the lad was OK but it was quite `iffy' for a while!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Not so much my house as over my caravan.

I have a tourer I use like a static next to the river Trent, but today I was lucky to have the Vulcan fly over. I understand one of the crew live in the village near the van site, so it often comes over on its way back to Finningley.

:D Just this Minute heard the roar of 4x Merlins and I looked up to see the BoB Lancaster thunder over my house at low level ....suspect she is doing fly bys forArmed Forces day up here at Stirling....she headed off over the Forth towards Edinburgh!!!!!

• Like 2

Anybody else see the Spitfire which flew along the North Devon coast at about 2.00 pm this afternoon? It was heading West - where did it come from and where was it going? Seemed to be in PRU blue with extended wing-tips and pointed fin and rudder; anybody know whose it is? What a brilliant sight!!!

Cheers,

Steve

Black painted RAF Hawks, is there a RAF base in Northumberland that they are flying from?

thanks

Mike

They are probably from 100 Sqn based at Leeming in North Yorkshire. I have seen them up into the Scottish borders and into Cumbria. 100 sqn provides 'targets' for both RAF and Army users and so could be flying to and from the ranges in Northumberland. the only RAF base in Northumberland I can think of is Boulmer which is used by a Sea King detachment and is not very big.

Last Sunday a Hurricane IIc and Spitfire IIa of the BBMF came over flying between Hattogate and Horbury. As I have been ill for the last two and half weeks and only slowly getting better, it aided my recovery no end.

Staying at Manchester Airport overnight so plenty of 'spam cans''.

However........ at 6:15 and 6:30 an E-3 was doing touch and goes, heading northish both times.

Ttevor

They are probably from 100 Sqn based at Leeming in North Yorkshire. I have seen them up into the Scottish borders and into Cumbria. 100 sqn provides 'targets' for both RAF and Army users and so could be flying to and from the ranges in Northumberland. the only RAF base in Northumberland I can think of is Boulmer which is used by a Sea King detachment and is not very big.

Ta for the info, it makes a change for me to see RAF Hawks. Where we we're before was under one of the landing approaches to Liverpool airport, so we mostly saw Easy Jet and Ryan Air stuff, along with private Helicopters and light aircraft.

thanks

Mike

Staying at Manchester Airport overnight so plenty of 'spam cans''.

However........ at 6:15 and 6:30 an E-3 was doing touch and goes, heading northish both times.

Ttevor

How bizarre I also had an E-3 pass over on the way to Luton ,about the same time ! the second time I have seen one in about a month ,what's going on ?

We are currently having a second French invasion down here, Castlemartin range is hosting an anglo french exercise. The past few days we have had most of the French Navy working on the range.

I was off today so took time to watch and listen to the action :popcorn: , I noted 8 pairs of Rafale and 2 pairs of Etendards! The last Rafale have just departed the range back to france. They on average spent around 45min on the range so we have had jet noise all day and evening :thumbsup:

The exercise runs for two weeks, so this should be a daily log for the next few days

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun