What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Saw that too Mark! Gave me a turn as it was very low! Radome not turning either, but that might be just a standard thing! Virtually unheard of round here!

I spotted that too ! that is a rare beast in these parts ,did it land at Luton ?

Heard something merlin powered, I'd like to say it was PA474, but only Dad got a brief glimpse of the aircraft banking away to the South. Was she due to be circling around Northern Lincolnshire today?

Yes, EE it was descending and certainly looked as though it was intending to land - flaps and undercarriage down and on the usual East-West flightpath for landing.

I kept looking out later and also today (reverse direction today West to East) every time something big took off just in case, but I didn't see it again...

Depending on runway in use at Gatwick, I see these now every evening between 19.00hrs and 19.35 hrs pm. Thye started using LGW in April.

IMG_5441_zps58d46395.jpg

This is A6-EEF.

A bit later at around 20.00, a BA one came over out of LHR to Jo'burg G-XLEE

We had 2 F15s and an Osprey yesterday while I was up at the allotment. Probably just checking to see if Manston was really closed.

Had an RAF marked Dakota fly very low over us a couple of days ago - heard the distinctive sound of WWII vintage engines and ran to the window to watch it lumber slowly past and into the distance. Amazing sight, right out of the blue.

Not flying but spent abit of time in a hanger the last few evening training for a field gun competition that contains a replica Boulton Paul Defiant, Boulton Paul Balliol T.2 WN149 and 3 different Harriers, along a with a Horsa glider and CG4-A Waco glider and loads of other bits and pieces of aircraft

• Like 1

Not flying but spent abit of time in a hanger the last few evening training for a field gun competition that contains a replica Boulton Paul Defiant, Boulton Paul Balliol T.2 WN149 and 3 different Harriers, along a with a Horsa glider and CG4-A Waco glider and loads of other bits and pieces of aircraft

The BP aircraft be from the BP association, EX Wolverhampton?

Rick

The BP aircraft be from the BP association, EX Wolverhampton?

Rick

From the little research ive done that seems to be correct, same at the Boulton Paul Balliol T.2. All currently stored in a hanger at RAF Cosford, the Harriers will be out for the airshow i think

Edited by Motley
  • Like 1

From the little research ive done that seems to be correct, same at the Boulton Paul Balliol T.2. All currently stored in a hanger at RAF Cosford, the Harriers will be out for the airshow i think

I've been trying to see the Sea Balliol for years up at Cosford, but failed,

My Farther-in-law worked on them and I tried to get them to let him see them before he passed away.

"No Chance" was the answer.

Sigh.

Rick.

Not much about over Norwich this week, a Stearman was about enjoying the nice evening weather earlier this week....noisy but very pretty biplane.

Also very noisy were the F-15's playing silly bugger's over the City Friday afternoon for about 25 mins before departing towards Lakenheath.

Edited by mungo1974

The BBMF Dak doing a couple of nicely low flypasts over the local pub, about 150 metres from me, which was having a charity fun day...which I went to later and had a few hours of charity fun night....

Edited by PLC1966
  • Like 1

Not much about over Norwich this week, a Stearman was about enjoying the nice evening weather earlier this....noisy but very pretty biplane.

Also very noisy were the F-15's playing silly bugger's over the City Friday afternoon for about 25 mins before departing towards Lakenheath.

Was visiting relatives in Norwich over the weekend and watched said F-15's playing tig whilst I filled the car up at the Esso garage at Mousehold. They looked like they were having a blast, both were pulling some serious G as there was some nice big streamers from the wing tips and plenty throttle rocking.

Don't get this kind of action over Glasgow!!!!

I passed Cranwell on the way down on Thurs too and there was plenty going on - a visiting Tucano, couple of Kingair's taxiing out and a few Grob's in the circuit

Eng

• Like 1