What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Dornier Skyservant, Southbound about 1300. And it flew back North about 1600. Dark colour, white? rudder.

Apache Southbound about 1500.

Oh, and a microlight folowing the A631 Westbound in between.

This is 12 miles North of Lincoln, close to the A15.

Edited by Pete in Riyadh

Just a few moments ago, some lucky Bugger doing an aerobatic routine over my house on the south side of Leicester.

A/C was a low wing, single engine, with a fixed under carriage - i want to say CAP - but in truth i'm not hot on light A/C recognition.

Still it was a very nice way to pass 15 mins or so,

Not directly over my house, but very near to the petrol station a couple of miles away. A Pitts Special, carrying out a serious aerobatic display. At one point he was hanging on his prop, motionless in the sky for a good five seconds. Incredible!

There's a 1940's themed Maritime celebration going on down at the docks, one of the highlights is the BoBMF Lancaster, so when I was out in my greenhouse and I heard the roar of very loud piston engines I knew what was coming - got a clear view of PA474 as she roared over the house at less than 200'! Fabulous!!

• Like 1

Well yesterday I was treated to the Lancaster. About 2000 feet heading north.

I could read the side codes and see the nose -art.

Fabulous and stirring stuff :pilot: as I built one (and a Manchester) very recently.

I got a Lynx hovering right above my house at about 1000 feet, part of the Illustrious fly-past live on the BBC One Show right now!

(edit: More like 600-700! low cloud-base & light drizzle & gusts make that a nice piece of flying!!)

Edited by prowler0000

6:45pm last evening, a Spitfire flying along the South Downs from East to West, did a barrel roll over Bignor Hill and turned inland. Early mark I would have said as it was in Dk Earth/Dk Green camo.

It was a lovely evening, great to see the pilot having a bit of fun.

I'm sure a Mirage 2000 just blasted over Ross-on-Wye Library where I work. It was a single engined delta of some form anyway! Am I seeing things?!

I'm sure a Mirage 2000 just blasted over Ross-on-Wye Library where I work. It was a single engined delta of some form anyway! Am I seeing things?!

Typhoon maybe?

• Like 1

Typhoon maybe?

It looked like a single engine* and howled as it went over - don't see many Typhoons around here and I always thought they would sound almost the same as Tonka - this didn't. Looking around the web I can't see any detatchments over this way and there was a low flying excersise over the marches yesterday listed on the RAF site, so I guess it must've been.

Hell of a sight as it banked around the church spire mind! :pilot:

*it was moving very fast in my defence, and I had to drop what I was doing to get to the window in time...

Something's going on around here (Marham) as we saw four of those huge helicopters (Merlins?) today and a lot of night activity with Tornados and a Herc. Last week saw two fighters with twin vertical tails heading towards Lakenheath, VERY slowly, but I don't know American stuff. Been busy all week.

The choppers were so low they had to go up to clear power lines!

Martin

Edited by Scratchbuilder

The things with twin vertical tails will almost certainly be F-15's especially if they're heading towards Lakenheath.

We had a Merlin fly high over he house last week as well.