Maschinen Krieger Figure set

Whats Ma.K?

Maschinen Krieger has been around for a number of years with different companies picking up the mantle and you have probably seen them before as those strange fat robots on eBay. The story line behind this modelling genre revolves around a future earth that was abandoned and colonists have now returned after earth has healed itself. The Colonists then have a tyrannical government forced upon them by the Galactic federation and have rebelled. The bottom line is the SDR are the bad guys and the colonist funded Mercenaries are the good guys fighting for an independent free earth.

Unlike other Japanese stories where the course of war is decided by gaudy coloured Robots piloted by prima donnas. Ma.K has an oil stained, thousand yard stare appeal to it with characters who wear normal drab fatigues and realistic paintjobs on machinery. If you like steampunk then you will probably like Ma.K.

Now that is a very short description of the whole Ma.K world If you want more in depth descriptions you will not go far wrong by using Google.

DSC_4855.jpg

The box is a little bigger than an A4 sheet of paper and the characters (I think) have a Korean winter war look about them. They are meant to be used with the Hasegawa 1/20 Falke Antigravity raider.

Shut up already what’s in the box?

DSC_4863.jpg

You get four figures which could set you back about £23. I will let you do the math which is not that bad as you get the usual extras like tools, tool boxes etc. Incidentally the figure set that comes with the Hasegawa 1/20 Falke Antigravity Armoured Raider Pkf.85 wear what looks like summer wear so they may be a bit out of sorts with them. (From what I have seen, can anybody confirm?)

DSC_4864.jpg

Nice detail and lots of soft attention to creases and folds in jackets not overly done. The feet and hands are additons rather than molded onto the arms and feet which is a nice feature. There is some parts of the sprue that you look at and go “ now what can that be” . Reading the instructions is the only way to find out as i genuinely couldnt figure it out.

DSC_4817.jpg

Additions to kits are always welcome especially in this scale unless you have the Tamiya Pit crew sets then the other option is probably etch tools. ( unless you are a scratch build type of person) . This sprue is the tools and gerry cans usually associated with ground crews.

DSC_4824.jpg

DSC_4822.jpg

The box will also come with a set of decals and a sheet that tells you about the different regiments/squadrons? Unfortunately it’s all in Japanese so if anybdody out there can translate it would be helpful. The decals are for each regiment/squadron represented in the info sheet as well as additional decals for the Falke raider.

And god created woman

The figures are split in half so I was interested to see how the seam lines looked and after test fitting I would say a little more sanding to even the sides. Overall not a bad fit or it could just be me with too much blutac.

women.png

Does Size matter?

Scale wise these are pretty big figures this is the 1/25 tamiya figure beside a figure that still has a few inches to be added on (If only it was that easy).

DSC_4853.jpg

No adding these guys to your 1/25 pickup trucks which is a shame as they would go really well with some sort of utility vehicle. Although some of the weapons and extras from the tamiya kit do fit with the female build.

DSC_4876.jpg

This is the old Tamiya pit team driver which also is 1/20 scale they seem as if they could pass together. (Opinions may vary) if you can get a hold of this kit you could probably have a busy diorama. Be wary that the pit teams come in two types that i know off, one with shorts and others with flares. (If you don’t know what flares are just count it a blessing)

Conclusion

Would quite like to see these brought out in 1/35th scale as Hasegawa already have some Ma.K in this scale (Lunadiver Stingray) lets hope they don’t stay in 1/20th . There’s more chance of getting a utility vehicle in the former scale rather than the latter. A bit of work and you could probably get them done in a weekend. (My timescale) I like this kit but then again i like Gogol bordello so there’s no accounting for good taste but if you like Gogol as well go buy this kit. As the old Nitto SF3D (Old name for Ma.K) kits can command a premium this is another good reason for Hasegawa to get in on the Ma.K act.

These where purchased to go with a 1/20th Votom (Basically big robots with human drivers) that are going to be modified. The bigger they are the easier to mod them I say in my book and a bit of choppy choppy ouch ouchy never hurt anybody well not much anyway.

Kit from Comet Miniatures.

• 4 weeks later...

Here we go, nicely modelled buxom wench :P the arm is temp blu-tacked home, since pics i have trimmed of the little tab between the adjustable spanner and her shoulder and its a perfect fit, lousy photography but really crisp moulding and scale is 1/20th, looking fwd to painting her..... :) there are no seams on her at all to sand/remove, just those two thin bits of flash on her hand and shoulder that just flicked off, incredible.

fig2.jpg

fig.jpg

fig3.jpg

:)

Edited by TonyT

• 2 months later...