AMT Die Cast Naboo Starfighter

Got this kit from ebay a reall bargin paid £7.00 including postage for it. I build star wars kits for my 5 year old son who is mad on star wars and his cieking is covered in star fighters now mainly revell easy kits which he puts together himself.

This model is unusaul being a combination of plastic parts some pre paint and die cast pre painted parts. I am undecided was to weather re paint the model or not will decide later when the I've seen how the kit goes together

naboo01.jpg

I am starting with the pilot luckily qafter a rumamge through the kids toy box i found a pilot to copy.

base coat complete

naboo02.jpg

naboo03.jpg

Once dry i decide to if i could breath a bit more life into him so gave him some washes and hi lights

naboo04.jpg

naboo05.jpg

For the pilot i use GW paints and washes

Next I tackled the cockpit and after liostening to a 5 year old expert and watch the film serveral time I got a good idea

naboo06.jpg

thanks madmonk have my eye on a death star for his room got a x wing to build with him next the revell easy kits are great for getting the younger kids interested in modelling.

anyway the story continues

Once the cockpit set started assembling the fuselage. very simple to put together only took 10 mins

naboo11.jpg

naboo12.jpg

naboo14.jpg

naboo13.jpg

naboo13.jpg

next stage is to paint the astromech driod

The Astromech droid

Using games workshop paints and washes again

Chaos black base coat

naboo16.jpg

Used chainmail for the silver, regal blue and blood red. then washed with black wash

came out very well

naboo18.jpg

naboo17.jpg

naboo19.jpg

nearly finished

Edited by glen davis

Looking good Glen, this is one of the vehicles I wish FM would tackle, this and about 20 or so more!!

Keep up the good work.

Warren

• 2 weeks later...