Airfix 1/72 Britten Norman Islander (03067)

Part 2 of Islander schemes. Can't get more British! This is the Airfix Islander done as G - AXDH which was used by the Parachute Regiment Free Fall Team, better known as the Red Devils. Build is straightforward, the door was omitted as the aircraft had this removed. Decals were home made on decal paper. (The red didn't photograph as well as the APA White Islander for some reason?).

red2.jpg

red1.jpg

red5.jpg

red6.jpg

red4.jpg

red3.jpg

red7.jpg

With the Army Parachute Association Islander G - AYRU.

redayru2.jpg

I do have the Airfix magazine article for a conversion to a Trislander, plus and extra couple of kits. I may give it a go in the eye-watering Aurigny Airlines yellow.

Best

Rich

Edited by Richard M
  • Like 9

individually they look good but together they look fantastic!

A third would be "awesome dude"

• 2 months later...

I've been building my Islander for about 3 weeks now and I still don't know which scheme to do. I've seperated the flaps, and re-profiled the front of the engine nacelles, and rescribed it, but as for schemes.....nothing. I have found some nice British Airways decals for the Islander that could be useful though.

Mark

• 1 year later...
I've been building my Islander for about 3 weeks now and I still don't know which scheme to do. I've seperated the flaps, and re-profiled the front of the engine nacelles, and rescribed it, but as for schemes.....nothing. I have found some nice British Airways decals for the Islander that could be useful though.

Mark

For Rich, a very nice Islander !!

For Mark, if you go to TwoSix Decals homepage www.lycoseshop.co.uk/epages/twosixdecals_co_uk.sf and

write "Islander" in the search field, you will get no less than 11 different decals for this model. Many are very

colourful as well.

Happy modelling,

Ruben Husberg

• 7 years later...

I came across this thread while looking for info on a Trislander conversion . Not sure if there ever was a conversion article in an Airfix magazine for the Islander to Trislander , however the October 1972 issue of Model World has one with plans and enough information to help anyone interested in the Trislander , you will need a couple of Airfix kits and some pretty basic scratch building .