Airfix VC10 kit

richellis

i`m not sure anyone reads these messages, i have just had exactly the same reply, i asked if they had any plans to re-release the Heron as a stand alone kit, and if they planned to re-release the tsr2 in manga/cartoon markings i thought the last was a given.

Dek.

Here's a sneaky preview of what I've been up to...

BA Boxing of the 1964 VC-10 kit that I've had for a while now. Just done the inboard wing fences, engine pylons cut off in preparation for the BraZ resin ones. And yes, she's waiting for her BOAC livery!

DSC_0186.jpg

Sorry Rich! At least I kept it on topic! I did not realise these VC10's were so sought after, I might not have started mine had I known.

Actually, no, I would have built it. I'm involved in this hobby to make kits not make money. I'll have a look in the local model shops here in Madrid for you. Can't promise an airliner, but might find a tanker. They normally throw a few surprises up.

Edited by busdriver

Sorry Rich, couldn't resist posting another piccie... ;)

DSC_0033-1.jpg

The BraZ engines are, IMHO, mandatory but that just adds another tenner to the kit... :(

26 06 10

I have the airliner version in my stash. I still haven't quite decided whether or not to build her yet.

Busdriver: where did you get the Braz engines from?

Liam

Edited by yeehah1

Actually, no, I would have built it. I'm involved in this hobby to make kits not make money.

Good man. People who hoard kits with no intention even of taking them out of the box ... :fight:

Busdriver: where did you get the Braz engines from?

Hi Liam,

Here's the link for Ivo's BraZ Models VC10 engines here

And they are available from Hannants here although they are showing none in stock at the moment.

Edited by busdriver

She's looking mighty fine. Here is mine with the two six decals which are truly superb...

DSC01875.jpg

How I would like to build a 1/72 version to soak up centre piece on the window sill, but the odds and the missus are stacked against it !!!!!

A fine aircraft - Now the fastest airliner still flying (RAF)

Why don't you join the big boys and do a 1/72 version ? Then we can all see the beauty of this beast !!

'V'

Curious to know why most lust after the Airfix kit? When the Welsh kit is still on catalogue and comes complete with the Two-six decals.

Whilst not perfect the Welsh kit is superior to the Airfix one and by the time one has bought the after market parts and faffed around with the back-dating the Airfix tanker version the Welsh kit has to be the better option, surely?

Just an observation, you understand.

Marty...

Welsh is the Super VC10, not the standard.

There arent too many schemes to builkd either in but the difference between standard and supers is very noticable

......Must be VC10 week on Britmodeller!! :-)

It's my birthday tomorrow, and I think I might have a couple of VC10's in my birthday stash... :)

Karl

didnt know that, last time I looked (ages ago!!) the welsh 144 scale VC10 was a super.

G-ARVB was a standard, 'SG a super, like you say.

Oh how I wish someone would do a good injection VC10K. It's the only aircraft missing from my collection of 1/72nd aircraft wot I have flown. I was sooooo pleased when Airfix brought out the Nimrod because that was the only other one missing from the set.

Come on Airfix. A quality VC10 could come as a single kit with fuselage inserts for the Standards and Supers. Easy to add wing and centreline refuelling pods/blisters and then we could build any of the Standards/Supers/C1s/C1Ks/K2s/K3s/K4s from the same kit. Think of the range of decals that would be possible. BOAC/EAA/Gulf Air/Shiny 10's white and grey/the grey and green prototype K/hemp and lt ac grey/camouflage grey overall/Omani VIP etc etc

Come on Airfix; you know you want to. :pray:

Oh and although it would be quite a big kit, it would be very similar in size to the Airfix E3 - check out the dimensions if you don't believe me

And if it helps in the marketing department, I would like 4 of them! One to be built as a 101 Sqn VC10K2, one as a VC10K3, one as a VC10K4 and one as an East African Airways Super VC10 which was the aircraft that brought me and my family back to the UK from Africa and is probably my earliest memory of flying.

Edited by Roland Pulfrew

didnt know that, last time I looked (ages ago!!) the welsh 144 scale VC10 was a super.G-ARVB was a standard, 'SG a super, like you say.

The point I was making, was irrespective of marque - the Welsh kit is both better and a more cost effective option.

Marty...

And if it helps in the marketing department, I would like 4 of them! One to be built as a 101 Sqn VC10K2, one as a VC10K3, one as a VC10K4 and one as an East African Airways Super VC10 which was the aircraft that brought me and my family back to the UK from Africa and is probably my earliest memory of flying.

ZA149 and ZA150, they had an extra 68psi switch in the aircon ductings and it was specific to that airline only....... :coolio:

Edited by TonyT