Vultee Vengeance Mk.I

Lovely finish!

Weird optical illusion going on here. The pics taken from behind the model show show the outer wings are definitely dihedral. The pics taken from behind make them look anhedral. One too many glasses of red perhaps :hmmm:

Lovely finish!

Weird optical illusion going on here. The pics taken from behind the model show show the outer wings are definitely dihedral. The pics taken from behind make them look anhedral. One too many glasses of red perhaps :hmmm:

I don't know this type at all, but either it's gull winged or there's a dogleg in the leading edges (or both) (or it's the wine) (or all of that) :)

Still and all Angel, it's a nice model. Why is it your last? Are you not sticking around?

Edited by crookedmouth

Great job on one of my favorite obscure WWII subjects.

Weird optical illusion going on here. The pics taken from behind the model show show the outer wings are definitely dihedral. The pics taken from behind make them look anhedral.

The Vengeance had a really wierd wing planform. The inner section had a swept-back leading edge and straight trailing edge, while the outer section had a straight leading edge, but swept-forward trailing edge. I've always thought it looked really cool..I've got one of the Special Hobby kits..have to get around to building it one of these years.

3D20vultee20vengeance.jpg

SN

Great work, weathering and preshading looks great.