hawk t1's (loads done more to come)

Mark M

cheers mate, ive done a bit more but im on nights and ive got a bit carried away with mr Iron man so ive neglected them abit, ill get some more done asap, well after work and sleep

When I did 172 with the red dragon, I think the body broke at the tail, and nearly came apart by the cockpit too, on the port side anyway.. so when I came to do the starboard I drowned it on water and got it on in one piece..

HawkXX172right.jpg

HawkXX172left.jpg

I found online pics of the real thing and had to find the stencils off other sheets - which wasn't really a problem..

Looking forward BIGTIME to the 2010 scheme!

Jason that looks cool, ive pre orderd the 2010 scheme and cant wait, id be interested to see which kit somes with it, the reds one or the new one?

is there really biege arounf the cockpit my piccys dont show it

Jason that looks cool, ive pre orderd the 2010 scheme and cant wait, id be interested to see which kit somes with it, the reds one or the new one?

is there really biege arounf the cockpit my piccys dont show it

oh I hope it's the new one, but thewn I suspect the 'new' one is actually the same mould but just with more decals and maybe sidewinders/gun pack.. still, so long as it has a black scheme AND stencilling AND the decals are to scale AND in register.. oh, and if it is availabe before BIggin Hill at the end of June, that would all be ideal :)

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=207635&nseq=7

I do the same buff colooured seal on all the Hawks, though some photos do show it as nearly white.

i just hope the decals sheet bends and doesnt crack and break!!!!

cool photo thanks

anyway why are you up so early!! im working whats your excuse?

i just hope the decals sheet bends and doesnt crack and break!!!!

cool photo thanks

anyway why are you up so early!! im working whats your excuse?

we could start speculating about what markings will be in the new kit.. I have this theory that they they could do all-British ones, maybe all-black, a grey and a green/grey camo, to cover most eras.. however would they do the latter two if they have been covered in previous releases.. so maybe 3x blacks? I say this because I am wondering if they would rebox the kits again to encompass foreign users? I don't know, hopefully there will be a longevity in this kit.

I was up ready to work too! I start at 5.30 - 6.30.. depending on the motivation :)

Guys

I found a picture of a Hawk starter set on Google yesterday, and the Hawk on it is a black one, with a price of £12!

airfix-bae-hawk-t1-gift-set.gif

Says its out in July

Antony

ohhhhh momma! That's what I'm talking about! Black and stencils! Let's hope a) there's more than one option and B) the stencils are to scale/in register :) Off to do snoopy dance now and count the pennies (not paying £12 for starter sets though, £8 will be acceptable I suppose (though £6 would have been better.. hey ho)

Having just done a Google search to see if anything was out there already about the new Hawk boxing, I found it will have 100sqn, RN and Saudi markings... but the biggest bummer is (according to the Airfix website) that will now be released in 2011 :( So I guess I will be hunting all the Hawks at Biggin Hill this year, well, at least the Revell red arrows boxings for those fab decals, an early Matchbox boxing - and the 200! - and yet more Airfix Red Arrows machines.. so if there are 50, I want em :)

how bad is the revell kit? now ive finished iron man, i can get back to the hawks, some more decaling done today but im on nights again so not alot over the next couple of days ill post some update phtos asap

how bad is the revell kit? now ive finished iron man, i can get back to the hawks, some more decaling done today but im on nights again so not alot over the next couple of days ill post some update phtos asap

I made a Revell one many moons ago, it is of course the Italeri kit, but the decals were superb. I want them mainly because they have the Red Arrows '2000' scheme, which I intend to incorporate into a few red machines. AND they are cheaper than the Airfix ones... for the moment :) (I have just about finished my latest two, pics soon)

just has a email from MA to say the 2010 hawk kit, and decals sheet is on its way to me!!!!!! :partytime:

ill do a full review and build when it gets here with lots of photos!!! lets see if its worth it, but i recon £7 for the kit, £5 for the seats, £6 for the decals its not bad as a one off

hawk no 1 completed!!!!! only 183 to go!

xx172

airfix red arrows kit - good basic kit goes together really well

Model alliance 'St Athan' decals - im sorry to say but horrible decals that crack break at the lightist pressure, i even had to source seperate roundalls as they broke too, also there is no stencil date with the decal sheet and you need to source them else where or buy the MA stencil sheet

100_2603.jpg

100_2602.jpg

100_2600.jpg

100_2598.jpg

100_2597.jpg

Edited by markmarples

Nice work mark, they look great.

Good luck on your quest

Chris

thanks mate, its a very very long term project that i share with a few chapps on here, they are way ahead of me, the new one will hit the bench next week as soon as the other one is finished

guys i need help i need a acrylic equiverlant paint to xtracolour x030 roundall blue, they dont seem to make xtraclyic in that coulor and ive had really bad problems trying to airbrush humbrol 25 acrylic, but i really need it to be acrylic due ot the chemicals and my son who 'helps' me

Well this is what I found searching the net for the components to create this kit:

Airfix kit: £5.99

Decals £7.50

Seats (NeOmega) £3.50 (2x MB Mk.10)

Total £16.99

However I would need to pay postage doing it this way and lets assume I sourced all the parts needed form a single source who had a flat rate postage which is generally £3.50 per order the new total cost is £20.49 so at £18.0 I don't think you can't complain to much about that. Yes I know you would have to pay postage on the kit's £18.00 price tag, but you would probably have to pay for more than one P&P on the parts above as Hannants is probably the only shop where you could get all the items anyway and that would cast you more than £3.50 for P&P.

Perhaps the biggest price you would have to pay is for your sanity, those decals look like a nightmare to me!!!!!!!

Anyway lovely looking kit and subject and I am sure you will get many hours of enjoyment and pleasure creating it.

Doug.

doug, your right, the seperates cost would be about the same, but you dont need the seats, and you can get bargins on the kits, i just bought 4 from 'themodeller' for £3 each, so just decals would be cheaper. anyway the next has just rolled off the production line, and the 2010 is next on

xx307

airfix kit, xtradecal decasl (which are FAB!!!) painted in xtraclyix night black

100_2683.jpg

100_2684.jpg

100_2686.jpg

100_2687.jpg

100_2688.jpg

100_2689.jpg

im, a bit nervous about that, ive been studying the plans for the last hour, but im still worried, im going to paint it white and photo copy the templates and attempt to cut tape to the shape / size of the decasl and use the tape as a mask, paint the red, then blue (when i get some) then the black, if all goes to plan i may not even have to use the decals!!!

well fingers crossed!

the modelr is selling hawks for £3!!!

http://www.themodeller.com/Plastic-Models-...er=1&page=2

although i dont know how many they have left, ive just ordered a few :evil_laugh:

wow they have arrived all 4 are of the new toolings so 4 hawks for £13 including p&p Bargin!!!!

and the production line has started again, 2010 and ???? not sure which to do but 2 at a timee for now