Airfix Group Build

Well guys what can I say - superb work on all the entries, I really did not know what to expect when I put this together but it really has put a smile on my face the number of entries adn the various builds that have emerged.

I trust everyone enjoyed the builds (something different and not a ref book in sight!!)

We are now on the final week of this and would ask that anyone still building to wrap up the build and get those finished pictures on the forum, we will be opening a poll after the 1st May for general consumption and voting - so best of luck everyone, and once again well done.

Paul

Well guys what can I say - superb work on all the entries, I really did not know what to expect when I put this together but it really has put a smile on my face the number of entries adn the various builds that have emerged.

I trust everyone enjoyed the builds (something different and not a ref book in sight!!)

We are now on the final week of this and would ask that anyone still building to wrap up the build and get those finished pictures on the forum, we will be opening a poll after the 1st May for general consumption and voting - so best of luck everyone, and once again well done.

Paul

Really great fun...apart from Canopies & Humbrol 11 acrylic!!!...I'm enjoying model making again its also got me joining other GB's .......thanks for coming up with the idea & 'plasic Bonsai' for joint hosting

Like I said somewhere before, I live in a cultural backwater so hadnt been able to find a starter kit......

thanks to plastic bonsai I now have a harrier gr3, as of today :)

so I'm not in this world for the next couple of days - I'm busy building n painting, with all the impatience of being 12 again

...well...thats what it said on the advert - be 12 again...so I am...

it's cool! :)

have to bunk off school for a few days tho to get this built....

Was a learning experience for sure! Back to our roots!

I'm not sure I would've ever built the Tiger 2 (received as a gift - one birthday/christmas) But to be part of a group and interesting rules to boot was awesome! Thanks Paul!

I've just finished build number 3 which is all for me, but i want to say a huge thanks to everyone involved in organising and hosting this group build as it was massive fun and brought back the days when i used to slap kits together with no thought for resin and etch and all the otheer goodies with which we're spoilt nowadays!

Antony

Just getting in there, cracking on and finishing something in a weekend was great - and also nice to see some young modellers picking up paintbrush and glue and doing some damage with them.

The standard of modelling on these forums can be pretty imtimidating - I don't care personally, 'cos I'm a grown-up (some say ;)), and if I ain't that good, then whatever - it's not a competition, it's a hobby.... but it can maybe be a little discouraging for the kids to see the lengths the really good guys go to to achieve perfect accuracy and realism... so this kind of "blindfolded and one hand tied behind the back" group build is (IMVHO) a great "encourager" for the less-skilled among us (both young and old, as I include myself). I'm not saying we should do this every day - I love seeing the great work that the Modelling Gurus produce - but once in a while is very cool indeed. Many thanks to all involved.

Just getting in there, cracking on and finishing something in a weekend was great - and also nice to see some young modellers picking up paintbrush and glue and doing some damage with them.

The standard of modelling on these forums can be pretty imtimidating - I don't care personally, 'cos I'm a grown-up (some say ;)), and if I ain't that good, then whatever - it's not a competition, it's a hobby.... but it can maybe be a little discouraging for the kids to see the lengths the really good guys go to to achieve perfect accuracy and realism... so this kind of "blindfolded and one hand tied behind the back" group build is (IMVHO) a great "encourager" for the less-skilled among us (both young and old, as I include myself). I'm not saying we should do this every day - I love seeing the great work that the Modelling Gurus produce - but once in a while is very cool indeed. Many thanks to all involved.

here here Milo ....... well put.....spot on .............from a very average paintbrush wealding mid forties old hand

Ditto ditto.

I've put a little montage of the builds in the List of Particpants and I'll add it to the Poll thread too. Appologies to those I've beeing saying finishing 2nd of May - It's 23:59:59 on the first of May so if anyone fancies a last minute pressure build....

...Appologies to those I've beeing saying finishing 2nd of May - It's 23:59:59 on the first of May so if anyone fancies a last minute pressure build....

OMG !!!

I've lost a day !!!!!

last minute pressure........

ummm.....well....it's out of thew wrapping so.....

OMG !!!

I've lost a day !!!!!

Just a day?

Until last weekend I was reading the end date as the THIRTY first of May! I've lost a month! Still don't know where I was seeing that 3 from :fraidnot::shrug: Thanks to my girlfriend who pointed out my error!

Jimbo

I've lost a month!

Jimbo

we can handle it....

Not long now guys - get those last minute ones in before 23:59:59 on Saturday the 1st of May (confirmed by the Great Wise Bird (Mish))...........plenty of time..no really

Paul and heavily modified by John (PB)

Edited by Plastic Bonsai

my harrier gr3 is done - minus the cockpit canopy which only arrived today after my under-the-counter-dealer goofed and sent the kit without it...so it will be dont by 1 minute to midnight tonight...pics up either 2moz or monday, with my build report - I'm out 2moz anyway so wont get much done so probably monday