Eduard 1/48 Camel

Hi all

Inspired by builds on the Aeroscale forum and my own builds of Wingnut Wings SE5a and Sopwith Pup (posted here: http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=...945&page=1) I dragged out an old build started a few years ago of Eduards 1/48 Camel. I started off by trying a few new techniques (for me) beautifully illustrated by Juan Villalba in an issue of Military in Scale seen a few years ago (I'll get the issue details in my next post).

Unfortunately my build isn't up to Juan's league but I'm happy with it so far - just want to press on and get it finished. I haven't quite got my head around the way in which he over-accentuates the detail making it stand out so vibrantly - might have to try again on another build.

The macro setting of the camera makes all the dust stand out more than anything else - fortunately it looks ok from a distance...

IMG_EduardCamel1.jpg

IMG_EduardCamel2.jpg

IMG_EduardCamel3.jpg

IMG_EduardCamel4.jpg

IMG_EduardCamel5.jpg

I've just re-sprayed the lower surfaces in Gunze Sail Colour (for the Clear Doped Linen) and shaded the ribs. Next up is some masking and shading of the rib detail - hopefully I'll get this done in the next week and try and figure out how to get the struts on... If you've built a Wingnut kit then you'll know what a doddle they are to build, especially when connecting the struts. The Eduard units are very flimsy and I'm not confident it's going to go well.... And then there is the rigging..

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Rob