Italeri/Testors 1/72 B-2 Spirit

falcon

The ATB is progressing well, so started work on a real world B-2.

The kit I am using is the Italeri/Testors 1/72 B-2 Spirit.

I will be sprucing the kit up a little with the Eduard photo etch set, a set of resin engines kindly supplied by John Morrey and a set of resin ACES II ejector sets supplied by Haydn Hughes'

The cockpit is rather sparse so I decided to follow John Morreys build on Britmodeller and his recent magazine article.

I first cut out the rear cockpit wall and then using bits of plastic card built up the rear of the cabin with the flight computer and a bit of ducting.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

Edited by falcon

Keep up the good work, this kit is definitely in my so called "wish-list" and I'll probably build it one day Good luck !!!

By the way how much did it cost ?

Edited by ConspX

I paid £25 for the kit from a trader at last years Scale Model World at Telford. Hope to have it finished for this years show.

• 4 months later...

Been doing quite a bit of work on this one over the past 2 weeks after a rather long dry spell.

This model has fought me almost every step of the way.

First the cockpit.

IMG00002-20100822-1357.jpg

Cut back the intake area make it deeper for the resin engines.

DSCF0003-1.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

Scratchbuilt a load of detail in the undercarriage bays and made the weapons bay a lot closer to the real thing too.

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

And got round to adding the lower centre section to the upper surfaces.

DSCF0015.jpg

Thats coming along really nice i must have ago at one of these sometime

Russ

really looking good so far, not a kit you see a lot of.

My son bought one of these for me way for Xmas back when they were released.

I always have a guilt trip every time I come across it, must make more effort to do it before the grandkids are teenagers.

Graeme

Cheers guys.

Had fun this morning with the lower outer wing sections. The second one is now in place and I seem to have cured the warping on both wings.

More pics to follow soon.

Cheers.

A bit more work done on the B-2 this morning. The lower outer wing panels are now in place and I have made a start with the filling.

DSCF0026.jpg

Had been wondering what to arm the B-2 with. I have made a start on scratchbuilding a few GBU-37/B's. These are a GPS guided version of the famous GBU-28 'Deep Throat' laser guided bomb that was first used in the 1991 Gulf War.

DSCF0030.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After a couple of weeks of P.S.R. (Putty, Sand, Repeat), I have finally got the priming done and the first coat of paint on ready for the masking. The first coat was a lightened Gunship Grey. Now the masking has begun, oh joy.

DSCF0069.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

Now a couple of pics of the masking of the undersides. For this task i have been using Tamiya and Jammy Dog Masking tape of varying thicknesses.

DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

Cheers John. I must admit however that I have used the pics you took of your B-2A to try to get mine to look similar.

Here is a pic of tonights progress and a shameless plug for the Jammy Dog Masking Tape.

DSCF0078.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg