Buccaneer No12 RAF Squadron

One of my colleagues said that the Buccaneer looks like a pregnant whale. I hope that the joke is not offended anyone .

Airfix kit is good but... Gluing two halves hull was a nightmare. Both were terribly distorted.

I used Pavla cockpit set - this was a mistake, there does not fit well. I am sure NeOmega resin cockpit is much better.

I used also Airwaves wingfold PE set and Paragon resin wheels. The wheels in my opinion are too much flattened, but is typical for Paragon wheels...

I am disappointed with the kit decals, shows that in many places to shine. I have used this company decals on models of Super Etendard, Hawk and everything was in order.

Anyway I invite you to evaluate my work.

Mohawk078.jpg

Mohawk080.jpg

Mohawk085.jpg

Mohawk086.jpg

Mohawk088.jpg

Mohawk089.jpg

Mohawk077.jpg

Mohawk076.jpg

Mohawk075.jpg

Mohawk072.jpg

Mohawk073.jpg

Mohawk070.jpg

A very nice Bucc.

One samll point, and it is a very small point, you have missed the RBF tag of the bomb seaker, without this it would droop down as it is attached to a collar which keeps it upright.

Julien

A very nice Bucc.

One samll point, and it is a very small point, you have missed the RBF tag of the bomb seaker, without this it would droop down as it is attached to a collar which keeps it upright.

Julien

It's also a type of LGB not used by the RAF.Ours are different.

Edited by spike7451

Stuff the bomb, look at the Bucc!! She's beautiful Sir!! Stunning finish and i must say am rather envious!

Adam

Ooops... Corrected.

Mohawk.jpg

Really good model, but on a general 'Point of Order' - Missing Landing Gear Safety Locks and flags.

In the RAF, as soon as an aircraft had taxied onto its spot after landing, the Landing Gear Safety Locks are one of the first things to be fitted - and the flags must be visible for the whole time the aircraft is on the ground.

They are the last thing the pilot checks are removed as he does his pre-flight walkround checks - he might even remove them himself - it has been known!