Kingfisher (Airfix), RAAF

bertie

Greetings all,

Thought I'd post a little known subject - the Kingfisher in service with the RAAF down in Antarctica. A basic OOB build but with a slight change to the paint finish to create the "hi vis" yellow that was used plus relevant serial markings.

Simple but enjoyable.

Bertie

2010_0115paulspics0040.jpg

2010_0115paulspics0042.jpg

2010_0115paulspics0039.jpg

IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i313/bertielissie/2010_0115paulspics0041.jpg[/img]

Thanks guys.

You're very kind. Wherever possible I try to build a model that has a "touch of history" to it.

I did some research on a 10 Sqn ,RAAF, Sunderland which I posted here some time back.

I'm not the greatest modeller but it's a great hobby.

Cheers

Bertie :thumbsup:

Bertie,

Very nice model, and an unusual subject, caught my attention straight away as I also am interested in aircraft operated in the Antarctic.

Am aware of Australia using Auster's and Beaver's, let alone a Walrus, briefly at Heard Island.

Am building up a data base of all sorts of British and Commonwealth aircraft used, was completely unaware of the Kingfisher. If interested in any of the information I have, and I would love to hear your opinions about that book and the subject, most happy to pass on what I have, please feel free to email me at,

[email protected]

Colin

Always nice to see aircraft in different schemes than the more common ones you usually see them in.I agree with Nick,good idea using the book in your post.

Good job bertie

Regards

Mark