Assault on Black Reach

• 3 months later...

Howdy again!

Seems like ages since I updated this, unfortunately theres only a little progress, 1 Kopta:

DSC_0304.jpg

I also took the plunge and decided to try some scratchbuilding for the first time. I made a basic robot thing from Plasticard and Polymorph:

DSC_0305.jpg

It was going to be an Ork Killa Kan but it came out bigger than I expected so it will probably be a Deff Dread now

I am making some basic guns for it and will add some rivets and pointy bits etc. to Orkify it.

Regards

Osi

Ive just picked up on this thred, GREAT work :thumbsup2: love the orks. I've been painting green-skins for about 5 years now, they are great fun and now you are scratch building Kans and Dreds :worthy: , keep it going mate. Orks are even more fun to use in a game, cant beat a good WWWHHHHAAAAAAAAAA! :viking:

Gruffers :shoot:

I also took the plunge and decided to try some scratchbuilding for the first time. I made a basic robot thing from Plasticard and Polymorph:

Thats great, what sort of physical size is it?

Dan

Fantastic painting skills osirsia. I'm a Space Marine fan but your Orks could sway me onto the darkside.

Keep em coming.

grufsnik Posted Today, 08:22 PM

cant beat a good WWWHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!

Well actually you can beet a good WHAAAA ….you just need a squad or two of Ultra Marines isn’t that right Bruv :tease::bleh: .

What’s the current score? Gruffer’s Orkies, 0; DG’s Ultra’s…..oohe, LOTS :evil_laugh:

It must be time for a rematch Bruv. My place? & bring beer.

Fantastic painting skills osirsia. I'm a Space Marine fan but your Orks could sway me onto the darkside.

Keep em coming.

Well actually you can beet a good WHAAAA ….you just need a squad or two of Ultra Marines isn’t that right Bruv :tease::bleh: .

What’s the current score? Gruffer’s Orkies, 0; DG’s Ultra’s…..oohe, LOTS :evil_laugh:

It must be time for a rematch Bruv. My place? & bring beer.

Now Bruv lets not start any thred hi-jacking Osirsia is making a great job on the Black Reach box set whitch i have to admit is better than the previous one that you and i started with and is making a better job than you or myself.

Whitch reminds me, just how many marines have you got painted? are the rest just grey and naked hiding in their boxes? How many points can you field today, 500, 750 1000? let me know when you can field a full army and i will round up the da boyz with 4000pts+, i may even give you a 100pt head-start. I know how old and slow you are now! :deadhorse:, oh i'll have the beer :drink: which leaves you with coco i think. :poke: .

Gruffers

Howdy again, thanks for the comments

I made a basic 'Big Shoota' and 'Rokkit Launcher' and started adding some other bits, very rough but its good practice with the plasticard

To give a comparison of size:

DSC_0522.jpg

as i said it came out alot bigger than I anticipated but I will carry on.

Any C&C and tips welcome.

Regards

Osi

• Like 1

Looking good mate :speak_cool: , i dont think the size is an isue, if it's a kan then it's a kan how big will the dred be!! :yikes: . But if you are thinking of using them in battles then i might be tempted to treat it as a Dred as the game works on line of sight so the bigger the model the less likly you are to find cover and get a cover-save. Try adding on a boss pole(free re-roll on a morale check), stick-bomb launchas and an ammo runt are usefull as well as grot riggers. Again this is more for the gaming side of things but can add some nice extra detaile to a modle. Although if you are ORKY nothing is BIGGER, nastier or greener than you so what the hell! its all about fun and having a crack though to play ORKS it helps to have a good sense of houmer as things can blow up on you :suicide:, anything goes with orks :devil:

Gruffers

Thanks Gruf,

Its definitely going to be a Deffdread, as you said, its way too big for a kan.

I've been doing a bosspole for it, im still not sure what to put on the last arm, a saw or burna. Then its rivets, hydraulics and final bits.

I have been toying with the idea of building a stompa once i have had some more practice with plasticard & greenstuff, ive done a few sketches, if it ever actually happens its going to be HUGE!

Regards

Osi

• 1 year later...

Holy threadomancy Batman!!!!

Howdy again guys, it's been a while (1 and a half years!!!!), I won't bore you with the whys and whats but i am getting back into things :)

Here is my progress on my Orks:

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Thats most of the Boyz done!

Did a Rhino/Razorback as well

DSC_0017.jpg

I kept the top parts loose so i can swap them when needed.

As far as the AoBR set these are the only ones remaining which i will start this week

DSC_0015.jpg

All the best guys

Osi