Soviet/Foreign Service GB

I think i might be tempted with this maybe BRDM3 though it is about 40% built?, Mig 17pf, but wondered about L-39C Albartros possibly Lithuanian or czech? or may-be a mig 29 if i can get the decals

gruffers

I think i might be tempted with this maybe BRDM3 though it is about 40% built?, Mig 17pf, but wondered about L-39C Albartros possibly Lithuanian or czech? or may-be a mig 29 if i can get the decals

gruffers

well there would normally be 25% limit on GB entries but if you estimate that 50% of the job would be in the painting and weathering then technically the job is only 20% complete :) all the other projects sound ideal , although the albatross is made by Aero i think and that is a Czech company (?) if so the Czech decals would be outside the scope of this GB, but theres many users for the Albatros, so Im sure you can find a suitable scheme.

getting closer... have started my research... exciting times (sad aren't I).....

i started my research last year when it was anounced....so that is sad

I'm seriously contemplating waiting for my Eduard Mig 21 to turn up and then crack into this group build!

This thread makes me think we are in for a classic gb with some fantastic models on the cards!!

Howard

I'm seriously contemplating waiting for my Eduard Mig 21 to turn up and then crack into this group build!

This thread makes me think we are in for a classic gb with some fantastic models on the cards!!

Howard

'bout time we saw you do some modelling ;)

and then robw_Uk with his MiG 17 ;-)..... joking.... am looking forward to starting this, a nice simple MiG for me but hoping to do more metal variation work and maybe some decal fading...

Hi guys

One more here, i will build the new Eduard Mig 21 in Egipt or Slovak marks.

Vitor Costa

Hi Vitor,

A MiG 21 ?......luvvverly ! , as to markings ? I vote for the Egyptian :winkgrin:

Regards Simon

Time to nail my colours to the mast - got a few ideas in mind: a Mongolian Il-2 to start, possibly followed by a Algerian Foxbat, an Angolan Fitter and a Sri Lankan MiG-17, depending on time.

Andy

Time to nail my colours to the mast - got a few ideas in mind: a Mongolian Il-2 to start, possibly followed by a Algerian Foxbat, an Angolan Fitter and a Sri Lankan MiG-17, depending on time.

Andy

Excellent ideas Andy and welcome to the party :)