Fokker Dr1

Hi folks,

Made a start on this very small but lovely little kit I was sent following the SCW GB;

002-7.jpg

Spent some time on the prop, which I'm quite pleased at how it's turned out;

010-4.jpg

Done fair bit more work, just got to upload the pics, more soon.

Tiny little thing in 1:72 isn't it ?

What technique did you use to paint the prop', I'm currently doing a Spad and need to do similar, yours looks nice !!

Started off painting the whole thing Humbrol 81 Pale Yellow. When dried, cut two very thin strips of masking tape and laid them along the blades, painted over with Dark Earth, then again once dry went over it all with Tamiya X-24 Clear Yellow. Finally a couple of coats of Klear to finish off.

The clear yellow really makes it pop, looks just like varnished wood.

And that's it finished...actually I started it around two weeks ago, but hadn't been able to upload the pics. Still a nice quick build though, some of the struts were a bit of a puzzle, such as how they were supposed to fit where they were intended for!

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

Very nice ! And you're right, it is a lovely kit ! Although maybe in its basic form as serious competition from the revell one. Now that I think about it, I still have one eduard Dr.1 I bought a couple of years ago.. your build s tempting me to starti it !

Hi,

first of all let me say you did a great job, I love the way you finished this tiny beauty.

Can I ask you to tell me how did you paint it?

It's one of my next project and I can't imagine how to paint it: I think it's difficult to paint wings and struts once everything is in place but on the other hand I think that if I paint separate parts then glueing all together would become a nightmare... so, how did you do it?

Thanks, V

Thanks guys,

Shamael - I attached the lower wing to the fuselage, and then painted everything seperately, the top and middle wing were painted before gluing. Once the painted middle wing is in place, the struts fit right through the wing, and then attach the top wing. HTH :thumbsup2: