Spitfire PR I

Hi all,

I have finished my Spitfire PR I, N3071, circa November 1939. She flew the first reconnaissance sorties by Spitfire PR aircraft. This is the Tamiya 1/48 scale kit with lots of work. I special Thank You to many board members here who have helped along the way, including Colin S-K, TonyOT, and Nic, as well as Roy Sutherland and Bruce Archer. If there is interest, I have enough in progress pics and details to present a build diary, including corrections to the kit as well as the recce mods.

Thanks everyone, Jim

PRIfiniltrearS.jpg

PRIfinibottomS.jpg

PRIfiniltfront2S.jpg

Edited by Jim Kiker

Great! Nicely understated finish. As a fan of early Spits I'd be very interested in seeing the kit corrections and PR modes.

Cheers

David

Jim,

Another great PR bird from you!!!

Hmmmmm, strong with the PR modelling force he is. PR Spitfires his strength is. Hmmmmmmm.

(For those who don't know, Jim's nickname is Yoda, a Master of PR modelling he is......)

Superb representation in camotint, Jim :elephant:

have you ever considered putting up your build report on Forum ipms.uk > Photo Recce, where the recce fans meet ?

It might be more easily accessible there for everyone interested later on than here on Britmodeller alone where it's more difficult to find ....

Hope to see more of your recce builds !

popeye

Hi Colin and all,

Thanks to all of you for the kudos; they are much appreciated! The PR I turned out well, but I stand on the shoulders of many others whose work and research make the difference between getting things 'somewhat like' the subject and really 'hitting the mark.' My thanks to all of them. Since Colin has mentioned my alter ego/nickname, I think I may start using it here.

Thanks too for the invite to the Photo Recce sig; I've already signed up!

I have also written to the board moderators here and I will be posting some build diary entries on the Aviation- Work in Progress board. In part it relates to the corrections/updates I made to the base kit, and in part the reconnaissance modifications.

Cheers all, Jim

Hi all,

Here is a quick update on my proposed "build" article. I discussed the idea of a retrospective build diary with the moderators and asked whether or not it is a good idea, and if so, where to put it. The answer was in the affirmative, and that it can go into the Work in Progress board if appropriately labeled. Later, I received an invitation and have joined the Recce SIG as well. Since I approached the moderators here first, I will be posting pictures and text here on the WIP board; these will include corrections to the base kit, PR I modifications, the detailing I did, and a discussion of the camouflage and markings. See you there!

Cheers, Jim