Airfix Releasing Dr Who models

Phil

The first kits will be the Tardis, Dr Who and Martha. One can't imagine a range of Dr Who kits without a Dalek and Cyberman at some stage.

peebeep

Will the Tardis come with full interior detail.... :hmmm:

Will the Tardis come with full interior detail.... :hmmm:

That might be tricky :hmmm:

Unless they release 2 models... an exterior one, and an interior one... that would be quite impressive...

That might be tricky :hmmm:

Unless they release 2 models... an exterior one, and an interior one... that would be quite impressive...

That's what they did in the Action figures range - and a clever outside door with a star map on the outside of the 'roof' of the Tardis.

We have the whole set......

The first kits will be the Tardis, Dr Who and Martha. One can't imagine a range of Dr Who kits without a Dalek and Cyberman at some stage.

peebeep

I seem to recall (maybe someone can remember?) that when Dr Who was re-launched a few years ago, with Christopher Ecclestone and Billie-Phwoar-Piper(!), they couldn't actually feature Dalek's due to copyright issues.....the Daleks rights were "owned" by someone else (Terry Nation's estate maybe?) other than those that owned the Dr Who rights.

This was of course resolved, and thankfully the Daleks have appeared with both Doctor's.

As Airfix have only announced the Doctor , Martha & the Tardis.....I just wonder if they don't have the rights to produce a Dalek............... it would seem an obvious choice otherwise??

That's what they did in the Action figures range - and a clever outside door with a star map on the outside of the 'roof' of the Tardis.

We have the whole set......

Impressive, isn't it? Filled a pretty good part of Christmas morning putting it all together!

John

Seeing as we have a Doctor Who thread going here now, what do you people make of the Beeb's decision to give the series a rest for a year (albeit with some one-off specials)?

My personal - and purely personal - reading is that perhaps David Tenant wants to do some other stuff for a while and, rather than recast what has turned out to be one of the the best loved Doctors of them all, the Beeb are giving the show a gap year to accommodate David's schedule and then get him back for a fifth series?

Again, just my thoughts.

There are number of special planned in the "gap year ", which will have David Tennant as the doctor, after that all bets are off

Partly I think its because Tennant wants to go legit , there's talk of Hamlet at the National , with Patrick Stewart - a wonderful Trek/Doctor crossover ..." :analintruder:

In addition the creative team of Russel Davies /Julie Gardner were only contracted to the BBC for 4 series of "nuWho" , and once that's gone - they are free to choose to move on ,and it'll take time to get a creating team in place to replace them, Steve Moffat looks fav I guess as head writer , after "Girl in the Fireplace" and "Blink" , I think most who fans would welcome him with open arms.

So we have "The Sara Jane Adventures" starting on Monday 24th at 5.00pm , Torchwood Season 2 starting in January it looks like , with season 4 of Who starting next year around Easter again I guess, plus the Xmas edition with Kylie to look forward to - so overall not a bad 18 months or so ahead ..

As for Billie - she's about to star in the TV adaption of "Bell du Jour, the confessions of a Call Girl", starting next week, If its as good as the original blog its based on - it'll be fun..... :analintruder: :analintruder:

Edited by ColinR (aka ARC Scotsman)

There are number of special planned in the "gap year ", which will have David Tennant as the doctor, after that all bets are off

Partly I think its because Tennant wants to go legit , there's talk of Hamlet at the National , with Patrick Stewart - a wonderful Trek/Doctor crossover ..." :analintruder:

In addition the creative team of Russel Davies /Julie Gardner were only contracted to the BBC for 4 series of "nuWho" , and once that's gone - they are free to choose to move on ,and it'll take time to get a creating team in place to replace them, Steve Moffat looks fav I guess as head writer , after "Girl in the Fireplace" and "Blink" , I think most who fans would welcome him with open arms.

So we have "The Sara Jane Adventures" starting on Monday 24th at 5.00pm , Torchwood Season 2 starting in January it looks like , with season 4 of Who starting next year around Easter again I guess, plus the Xmas edition with Kylie to look forward to - so overall not a bad 18 months or so ahead ..

As for Billie - she's about to star in the TV adaption of "Bell du Jour, the confessions of a Call Girl", starting next week, If its as good as the original blog its based on - it'll be fun..... :analintruder: :analintruder:

Come back Martha .....................

there's talk of Hamlet at the National , with Patrick Stewart - a wonderful Trek/Doctor crossover ..." :analintruder:

after "Girl in the Fireplace" and "Blink" , I think most who fans would welcome him with open arms.

They're definitely doing it at the RSC in Stratford at least - got the newsletter at the weekend. Definitely want to go see that.

Steven Moffat would indeed be welcome. He seems to be one of the few writers who really understands the 'Time' bit of 'Timelord', both the ep's you quote made excellent use of the idea. As an Aside I watched 'Blink' again the other night and it still scared me!

As for a rest, well Season three was weaker overall I thought than the preceeding two. Yes it had 'Blink' and the 'family of blood' two-parter, but I thought it was very uneven. Much as I hate to say it (as I'm not really a fan), I think they missed Billy/Rose badly. Having recently watched re-runs of season two her chemistry with the Doctor was amazing and although Freema did a great job, I think something was missing. If a break gives more time to plan a fourth season return to form then I'm all for it.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

We're getting a full season in 2008, it's 2009 that's just the three specials.

Personally, I think it's a good thing. Russell T Davies has done enough and should move on. Yes, he's got a lot of credit for being the prime mover behind bringing the series back but by the same token he's also crippling it with far too many soap elements and his writing just isn't good enough. He needs someone saying "Russell, this is cack, have another bash." Especially after the three episodes of dross that ended the last series (the f*cking Scissor Sisters?!!!!)

Stephen Moffat would be ideal choice as Script Editor with probably Graeme Harper as producer.

Back to possible kits, fifth scale Daleks would be ideal for me, being in scale with the Sevans releases from the 80s. And both styles of Davros (Wisher/Gooderson and Molloy) to go with them. And some alien astronauts from the 1970 serial "The Ambassadors of Death". And some Autons.