Hobbyboss Tornado ECR Instructions Up.

spike7451

I know for some shape errors that I don't find THAT bad but if you want to show the airbrakes open, you have to close the "openings" in the housing as these were only present on the prototypes.

Its exactly the same kit Merv, same plastic - different decals- thats all!

Sorry Bill,

I meant that they've still got the German Aircraft carying ALARM's ect,you'd think that they'd have someone reading modeling forums like these for critiques & correct them before the kit is issued.

Mark,

Some of the issues are:

Ailerons wrong shape

Canopy moulded without cockpit coaming

Pilots IP too high

Wing glove boxes wayyy too deep

Intakes wrong

Kit can only be built with reverse thrust buckets out witout surgery

Wrong stores for different nations (ie-ALARM's in use on Luftwaffe,double AIM 9 rails on wing pylons (although they seem to have corrected that in this one)

Nose from behing cockpit wrong shape...

As Bill said,take a butchers at Jonners thread...

Sorry Bill,

I meant that they've still got the German Aircraft carying ALARM's ect,you'd think that they'd have someone reading modeling forums like these for critiques & correct them before the kit is issued.

Sadly I'd imagine ALL derivatives of the "IDS" will be exactly the same plastic - but with differing decals.....which doesn't auger too well for the GR4 issue!!!

As much as we need a dedicated sprue for GR4/1 RAF stores, and judging by the layout of the kit - I don't thinks its gonna happen!

BOTH kits being identical, have the LRMTS and FLIR!!

Having said that though, in the F-111D/E release, there is a whole new sprue dedicated to a whole range of fancy smart bombs for the later varients of the Aardvark (none of which are really suitable for the variants issued, but you could make an F), so there is a chancefor a GR.4 weapons set..., BTW the original armaments for the A are included.

I'm glad the ECR has kept the original armaments, that's another 4 BSUs donated to a Vark!

Slightly o/t for a Tornado thread, just trying to illustrate common and new armaments

Joel

Edited by Bandwagon 106

Having said that though, in the F-111D/E release, there is a whole new sprue dedicated to a whole range of fancy smart bombs for the later varients of the Aardvark (none of which are really suitable for the variants issued, but you could make an F), so there is a chancefor a GR.4 weapons set..., BTW the original armaments for the A are included.

I'm glad the ECR has kept the original armaments, that's another 4 BSUs donated to a Vark!

Slightly o/t for a Tornado thread, just trying to illustrate common and new armaments

Joel

:pray:

I really hope so, but when the initial looks at the F-111 sprues happened last year, the smart bomb sprue was shown. The Tornado sprues didn't show anything RAF other than the Alarms.