Chaotic Mike's threesome

You watch that index finger, Mike! Why didn't I think of armour for the GB? :doh: You can get away with a lot more scabby paintwork just by splashing brown paint over it & calling it "mud" :lol:

Some pictures...

A particularly arty arrangement of the boxes... lovely reflections...

IMG_0550_small.jpg

The gang of three...

IMG_0552_small.jpg

IMG_0551_small.jpg

IMG_0559_small.jpg

Progress. As many have noted, there is nothing remotely red tinged in the supplied paints, so my Whirlwind is being piloted by a Martian. I was going for a yellow/black mix to make a sort of brown, thus allowing a pilot from the colonies his crack at the Hun, but it didn't work out that way... I suppose I could have used the blood from Ian's index finger!

IMG_0562_small.jpg

More on the boys' work as they continue.

Some painting WIP.

1st coat...

IMG_0567_small.jpg

Spillage courtesy of over-friendly but *very* stupid cat...

IMG_0596_small.jpg

(Still, this time it missed my trousers! I thought I'd place the photo in an artistic, dogfighting, sort of configuration for extra thrill-power!)

Many coats later...

IMG_0598_small-1.jpg

Meanwhile, small boy 2 is hard at work...

IMG_0568_small.jpg

IMG_0597_small.jpg

And small boy 1 is temporarily disheartened by horrible flash and fit issues with the Harrier. So no pix, yet. I'll just have to continue flogging him until morale improves.

Decals on tonight, finished shots tomorrow, Insha'Allah

Mike

Fine job, Mike - I wasn't brave enough to do the wires in stretched sprue with poly cement melting the ends off for me - so props to you for doing so!

Ta. I was surprised how well the stretched sprue coped with liquid cement. You should give it a go - the amount of repairs you would need to do if it goes wrong are minimal, anyway!