AC-130 decals in 1/72nd

Simon Cornes

Is there any chance of you producing a decal set for the Hercules Gunship in 1/72nd? Its my particular hobby horse at the moment because only Microscale ever made a gunship set (72 -475) and thats a bit rare! I appreciate that there have been several incarnations of the Spectre but it would be useful if it ws posible to get a sheet featuring nose art and fin letters/numbers. Maybe theres no demand?

Thanks

Simon

Thanks for the suggestion Stephen but, unfortunately for me, I want to build an 'A' model in Vietnam camouflage

Hi Simon

I am a bit busy getting stuff ready for Cosford tomorrow,but will have a look for that sheet on Sunday night when i get back from Cosford

Paul

Thanks Paul - on a selfish note I am now sorted because the kit 'without decals' actually included the decals which had obviously got a bit damp and stuck face down to the instruction sheet! Luckily I was able to prise them off and I think they will be fine - Result!!!

On a more general note, it may be worthwhile doing a small sheet because I am aware of at least 5 AC-130A's which were 'named' although what the art work looked like, I don't know. Then of course there are the AC-47s and AC-119's, all of which can be found on the eleusive MS sheet but not in many other places I suspect!

Cheers

Simon

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Paul - on a selfish note I am now sorted because the kit 'without decals' actually included the decals which had obviously got a bit damp and stuck face down to the instruction sheet! Luckily I was able to prise them off and I think they will be fine - Result!!!

On a more general note, it may be worthwhile doing a small sheet because I am aware of at least 5 AC-130A's which were 'named' although what the art work looked like, I don't know. Then of course there are the AC-47s and AC-119's, all of which can be found on the eleusive MS sheet but not in many other places I suspect!

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon

I managed to "dig out" the sheet you asked about and some of the artwork on the AC-130A gunships.Please contact me at my email address

[email protected] and we can sort something out.

Paul

Hi

I believe Zotz Decals is doing a Gunship decal set for Herc's, Stinger's and something else. Sorry can't remember what. It is going to be in 1/72 scale. He is supposedly releasing after his newest sheet on the P-61 Black Widow.

HTH :)

Hi Simon

I managed to "dig out" the sheet you asked about and some of the artwork on the AC-130A gunships.Please contact me at my email address

[email protected] and we can sort something out.

Paul

Many thanks Paul. Actually I'm now awash with the things! Having 'found' the Italeri sheet, I was then able to purchase just the AC-130A bits from Microscale 72-475 so I'm doubly sorted. Interestingly, the national markings in the Microscale sheet are a bit bigger than the Italeri ones,. Frankly I think the Italeri ones are probably right but I wouldn't mind the benefit of your opinion on that one!

Cheers!

Simon

• 6 years later...