Round 2, a Mirage III this time

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, update time

Cockpit painted, fuselage joined and wings attached in less than an hour! No photos of this stage.

Painting started with approx 50/50 paint and water, dark brown first followed by the lighter brown then the blue.

To my great surprise after only 2 coats of paint i had a really nice coverage., this is what it looked like

P1000670.jpg

P1000671.jpg

P1000672.jpg

Decals went on next, and these were quite nice to use, but i've since discovered that the blue dots on the inside of the roundels dont stick and i've lost a couple!

P1000673.jpg

P1000674.jpg

P1000675.jpg

P1000676.jpg

Another update

Next up on the agenda was trying to paint the silver. This was extremely annoying as it seemed to have a reaction to the plastic as all it did was gather in little pools around the edge of the areas being painted!

The only way round it was to paint the areas black first, then add the silver afterwards which worked really well.

The gears and all the little bits were then added to produce a finished Mirage!

Overall, it was good fun to build but the kit wasn't the best in the world!

P1000680-1.jpg

P1000679.jpg

P1000678.jpg

P1000677.jpg

Any comments welcome

Antony

Really, nice, Antony!

Next up on the agenda was trying to paint the silver. This was extremely annoying as it seemed to have a reaction to the plastic as all it did was gather in little pools around the edge of the areas being painted!

The only way round it was to paint the areas black first, then add the silver afterwards which worked really well.

Yeah, H11 acrylic is poo. Revell 90 acrylic is a LOT better - I have a little potlet of that for doing small details when I want something that's going to dry quickly.