1:48 B-52 Sanger vac form kit

Awesome, I will be earning my Air Force wings this week and am slated to go to the B-52. Really want to get a 1/48 scale model of the BUFF. Very excited to see something released.

Congratulations on earning your wings!!!

:giles:

Darius

Its stated on Gerald's website that the 1:48 Vulcan B2 will be a 2010 release, but I suspect this may slip a year with the B-52 release coming first - you never know though...

Hmph... <_< strange that an UK-dwellin' Gerald would prioritise the releasement of a Yank Buff over a Brit Beast, huh? Such a heresy! :bleh: Ya Brit chaps oughta go have a serious word with Mr Elliott in my name. ;)

Just to learn 'bout it, Darius; how much quid for a vac-form 1/48 Buff?

Cheers, mate.

I don't wanna be unpleasant for the Buff freaks but I'd have preferred the Sanger long waited V-Bombers family.

Just a matter of taste. Been looking forward to this:

http://www.sangereng.fsnet.co.uk/V%20Bombers.htm

As the only ever produced 1/48th V-Bomber to date is the now mythical Aeroclub Vulcan...

img3096editedm.jpg

Uh-huh... me concurs. :yahoo:

Incidentally; 'n' talk 'bout large "fuselages;" where are those Lesley Vainikolo 'n' Matt Banahan blokes? Watched the match between the Kiwis 'n' the Brits yesterday, 'n' ya mates could have nailed those All-Blacks with the aid of just those two giants... :rolleyes: The Aussie defeated the Kiwis a week ago, y'know.

UncĀ²

Just to learn 'bout it, Darius; how much quid for a vac-form 1/48 Buff?

Cheers, mate

For the I.D. models version that I obtained via eBay you don't want to know - well, I'm not telling in any case. For the Tigger Models version then you are best directing your question to him.

One question from me: do you actually talk like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins or is just your writing that is afflicted in that way?

Darius

HI Guys

Just to let you know the B-52 is definitely going to be done soon. I have a test shot of the fuselage here and need to remake some of the patterns which were lost over time. I am really busy now getting ready for the Nationals but I am going to say that the model will be no more than Ā£75 with postage at cost to anywhere in the world.

Here is the current list of kits available, I will be able to get almost any of them to Telford if anyone wants them.

John

Tigger Models

Currently available all 1/32

01 BAe Jaguar GR1 Ā£25.00

02 Saab J-29 Tunan (straight wing) Ā£15.00

03 Fiat G-91 R3 Ā£17.50

04 Yak -3 Ā£17.0

05 Handley Page Hampden Ā£30.00

06 Grumman S-2 Tracker Ā£30.00

07 Lockheed Hudson Ā£30.00

08 F-89 Scorpion Ā£30.00

09 F-2h Banshee Ā£22.50

10 Gloucester Meteor F-8 Ā£22.50

11 Westland Wyvern Ā£22.50

12 XFY-1 Pogo Ā£22.50

13 F-94 Starfire conversion for Czech T-33 Ā£15.00

14 Sea Harrier conversionf for Revell Harrier GR1 Ā£6.00

15 Harrier T4 conversion for Revel Harrier Gr1 Ā£12.50

16 Aero L-39 Albatros Ā£22.50

17 P-82 Twin Mustang Ā£30.00

18 KI-45 Ā£25.00

19 F-84 Thunderjet Ā£22.50

20 F-7U Cutlass Ā£30.00

21 Special order Shorts Sunderland Ā£75.00

22Special order CatalinaĀ£75

23 E-2 Hawkeye Ā£45

25 Special order Stirling Ā£75

26 Special order Lancaster Ā£75

27 Special order B-17 Ā£75

28 Grumman Tracer Ā£45

29 Lancaster special order Ā£75

30 B-17 Special order Ā£75

31 F-86 d conversion Ā£15.00

32 Stirling Special order Ā£75.00

33 B-29 Ā£75.00

1/48

P-3 Orion Ā£45

One question from me: do you actually talk like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins or is just your writing that is afflicted in that way?

I think looking at his profile English is not his first language.

Julien

HI Guys

Just to let you know the B-52 is definitely going to be done soon. I have a test shot of the fuselage here and need to remake some of the patterns which were lost over time. I am really busy now getting ready for the Nationals but I am going to say that the model will be no more than Ā£75 with postage at cost to anywhere in the world.

Here is the current list of kits available, I will be able to get almost any of them to Telford if anyone wants them.

John

Tigger Models

how can I order a kit ? do you have a web site?

:blink::shocked::analintruder::rofl::lol::bleh:

To tell ya so, me guesses I oughta first listen to Dick Van Dyke talk in Mary Poppins, as I'm afraid I was brought on quite different literature. Howeva, tourists comin' from the UK to whom I talked asked whether I was from Oz - as in "the land down under," not Dorothy Gale's tale. ;) 'N' yet, a sheila from Birmingham told me I talked just like Alan Ford's character, Brick Top, in Snatch.

Think my typin' style is just an acquired nightmare.

I think looking at his profile English is not his first language.

DING, DIINNG, DIIINNNGGG...!!! Whut have we got for Julien, Lucy...?

Me's been around the world.

:cheers: blokes!

UncĀ²

HI Guys

John

Tigger Models

Currently available all 1/32

01 BAe Jaguar GR1 Ā£25.00

02 Saab J-29 Tunan (straight wing) Ā£15.00

03 Fiat G-91 R3 Ā£17.50

04 Yak -3 Ā£17.0

05 Handley Page Hampden Ā£30.00

06 Grumman S-2 Tracker Ā£30.00

07 Lockheed Hudson Ā£30.00

08 F-89 Scorpion Ā£30.00

09 F-2h Banshee Ā£22.50

10 Gloucester Meteor F-8 Ā£22.50

11 Westland Wyvern Ā£22.50

12 XFY-1 Pogo Ā£22.50

13 F-94 Starfire conversion for Czech T-33 Ā£15.00

14 Sea Harrier conversionf for Revell Harrier GR1 Ā£6.00

15 Harrier T4 conversion for Revel Harrier Gr1 Ā£12.50

16 Aero L-39 Albatros Ā£22.50

17 P-82 Twin Mustang Ā£30.00

18 KI-45 Ā£25.00

19 F-84 Thunderjet Ā£22.50

20 F-7U Cutlass Ā£30.00

21 Special order Shorts Sunderland Ā£75.00

22Special order CatalinaĀ£75

23 E-2 Hawkeye Ā£45

25 Special order Stirling Ā£75

26 Special order Lancaster Ā£75

27 Special order B-17 Ā£75

28 Grumman Tracer Ā£45

29 Lancaster special order Ā£75

30 B-17 Special order Ā£75

31 F-86 d conversion Ā£15.00

32 Stirling Special order Ā£75.00

33 B-29 Ā£75.00

1/48

P-3 Orion Ā£45

I'd like that P-3 Orion. I am unfamilar with ID models (or vacuforms for that matter)

what else comes with the kit besides the Main parts sheet? Metal, Resin, Decals,etc?

What other 1/48 kits were available at one time or another?

I'd like that P-3 Orion. I am unfamilar with ID models (or vacuforms for that matter)

what else comes with the kit besides the Main parts sheet? Metal, Resin, Decals,etc?

Back in the days nothing at all came with these kits, they just provided the basic shapes and the rest was up to the modeller. I don't know if anything was added more recently.

If I might be permitted to respond - having just taken delivery of a Tigger Models 1:48 P3C Orion.

What you get are the fuselage halves, wings and tailplane and smaller parts such as engine nacelles, wheel halves, prop spinners and prop blades - all on vac-formed plastic sheets. There is very little surface detail, and there are no metal parts, resin parts, decals or instructions - you do get a vac-formed clear canopy. These are seriously "old school" vac-formed kits and will require panel line/control surface scribing and the scratch buidling of details (such as a cockpit interior and undercarriage wells and legs). Spares box decals and parts come in very useful when building a kit of this nature. If you are experienced with vac-form kit construction then these kits offer hours and hours of excellent modelling fun.

P3C_01.jpg

If you have never built a vac-form before then I would suggest that you take a look at the Vac Form Group Build on BM and see what is involved. If you are encouraged to try a vac-formed kit then I would recommend that you start with a Dynavector or Aeroclub kit, which do come with metal, resin, decals and instructions. To start with an I.D. models vac-form would be quite a challenge and might put you off vac-form building completely, which would be a shame.

Apologies to Tigger if this appears to be discouraging but I am sure that he would agree that these kits are ideally for experienceed vac-form builders rather than modellers who have never built a vac before.

Darius

PS - re-reading this I do sound a bit pompous, but I think you would get a shock if you expected this type of kit to be like a Tamigawa one.

Edited by Darius at Home

John

hi there , met you at telly last year, wondered if you can make me a copy of the F86D Conversion please for telford-if its too late no sweat, I'll pay you at telford and you could maybe post it on,

Allan McConachie

HI Alan will have one there for you

Best regards

John

If I might be permitted to respond - having just taken delivery of a Tigger Models 1:48 P3C Orion.

:analintruder:Noooice...!!! It looks like an awesome P3C Orion kit to me in my favourite scale, Darius. Will ya need to fashion bulkheads all along the fuselage 'n' a wing spar for structural reinforcement? My congratulations to Tigger Models for this kit.

Cheers, mate

UncĀ²

:analintruder:Noooice...!!! It looks like an awesome P3C Orion kit to me in my favourite scale, Darius. Will ya need to fashion bulkheads all along the fuselage 'n' a wing spar for structural reinforcement? My congratulations to Tigger Models for this kit.

Cheers, mate

UncĀ²

Given the size ofthe fuselage/wings, and the weight they'd have to bear, I'd think so. That said, I've never built a vacform, so I'll leave it to the experts :)

Cheers, mate

UncĀ²

Hi Uncle

I think that would be the best way to proceed. The fuselage halves are reasonably robust but bulkheads and wing spars will help connect everything together. That method worked quite well with the Sanger 1:48 B-47.

Strat_M33.jpg

Strat_M66.jpg

Darius

Edited by Darius at Home

What you get are the fuselage halves, wings and tailplane and smaller parts such as engine nacelles, wheel halves, prop spinners and prop blades - all on vac-formed plastic sheets. There is very little surface detail, and there are no metal parts, resin parts, decals or instructions - you do get a vac-formed clear canopy. These are seriously "old school" vac-formed kits and will require panel line/control surface scribing and the scratch buidling of details (such as a cockpit interior and undercarriage wells and legs). Spares box decals and parts come in very useful when building a kit of this nature. If you are experienced with vac-form kit construction then these kits offer hours and hours of excellent modelling fun.

P3C_01.jpg

If you have never built a vac-form before then I would suggest that you take a look at the Vac Form Group Build on BM and see what is involved. If you are encouraged to try a vac-formed kit then I would recommend that you start with a Dynavector or Aeroclub kit, which do come with metal, resin, decals and instructions. To start with an I.D. models vac-form would be quite a challenge and might put you off vac-form building completely, which would be a shame.

Apologies to Tigger if this appears to be discouraging but I am sure that he would agree that these kits are ideally for experienceed vac-form builders rather than modellers who have never built a vac before.

Darius

PS - re-reading this I do sound a bit pompous, but I think you would get a shock if you expected this type of kit to be like a Tamigawa one.

Hi Darius,

No it does not put me off trying. I really like the P-3 and in my scale to boot.

I grew up in what is called the San Francisco Bay Area. So not but a skip away was Moffett NAS up until early 1990's was home to west coast P-3 Squadrons.

So I have an attraction to the aircraft. I believe there is one there on display, I will try to find out it is still there. Could come in handy for some pics.

Maybe some of those smaller aftermarket companies could do some detail sets for these kits???

Do you know what other 1/48 aircraft ID did at one time?

Oh and I loved your C-133 build, another favorite of mine.

Travis AFB where a lot of them were based is also just up the road from here.

They finally got one for the museum there not to long ago. Actually flew it in.

Darius I think you have enormous amount of skills with vac forms and your builds inspire me on my vac forms, for the money and time spent on vac forms they are easily the best value for money in any sphere of plastic modelling (apart from scratch build) and even though my vac form constructions are no where near your standard I still find mine extremely rewarding, the more effort you put in the more you get out so to speak!

The B 52 even though I live on my own with a spare room is still a teeny bit big for me, but other Sanger kits are very appealing...and cheap!

Oh and Darius, no way did it seem pompous, described it to a tee :)

Edited by Steve Zodiac