1:48 B-52 Sanger vac form kit

You're going to need a large sheet of wet and dry for that. Trouble is now I've seen it, I want it, along with the Shackleton. :doh:

Hi there, Darius! :bye:

It's great news about the Buff, but did ya learn whether or not Mr Elliott is planning to release his 1/48th scale vac-form Vulcan B2 kit any soon?

Its stated on Gerald's website that the 1:48 Vulcan B2 will be a 2010 release, but I suspect this may slip a year with the B-52 release coming first - you never know though...

:giles:

Darius

Good luck but you really are getting crazy now.

If you are planning to drop the flaps send a pm and I'll come round with a bucket of cold water!

Colin W

Where do you put something like that though? They are very impressive models but i would not have anywhere to put them.

Check Darius' build of the C-133.

He found a way of installing the wings without glueing them in place, so he can store his C-133 in a much smaller volume.

Cheers,

Sebastien

Good luck but you really are getting crazy now.

If you are planning to drop the flaps send a pm and I'll come round with a bucket of cold water!

Colin W

Hmmm...there's an idea.

The flaps not the cold water.

Darius

I don't wanna be unpleasant for the Buff freaks but I'd have preferred the Sanger long waited V-Bombers family.

Just a matter of taste. Been looking forward to this:

http://www.sangereng.fsnet.co.uk/V%20Bombers.htm

As the only ever produced 1/48th V-Bomber to date is the now mythical Aeroclub Vulcan...

img3096editedm.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I always find it head-scratching why someone (the company who produced it) would put so much effort into a massive project like that, and then give you really crap decals that are available nowhere else. I mean, it's not like you can grab an Aeromaster 1/48 B-52 sheet. Those decals are absolute crap. If I were putting that kind of effort into a huge kit like that, I'd rightfully expect some decals that were at least a semblance of accurate.

J

I always find it head-scratching why someone (the company who produced it) would put so much effort into a massive project like that, and then give you really crap decals that are available nowhere else. I mean, it's not like you can grab an Aeromaster 1/48 B-52 sheet. Those decals are absolute crap. If I were putting that kind of effort into a huge kit like that, I'd rightfully expect some decals that were at least a semblance of accurate.

J

So its a fairly safe bet that we won't be seing a 1:48 B-52 built by you then...

Darius

Edited by Darius at Home

J

Hi J, could you ellaborate? I'm a bit of a know nowt when it comes to the B-52, so to me the decals look fine although they seem to lack stencil data which you would expect at this scale. It would be interesting to hear what a professional thinks, especially if some of us are thinking of laying out hard cash for this product.

Thanks,

Mark

To give an idea of size here are some parts from the I.D. Models 1:48 B-52 along side the C-133A. This also shows the balsa wood spar that the C-133 wings slide over.

IMGP7367.jpg

:giels:

Darius

Edited by Darius at Home

• 6 months later...
So did you actually get one of these B-52 models then? I emailed Sanger but never received a response.

Dale

As the sentence above the photo states, the B-52 in the photo is an I.D. Models vac form and not the Sanger kit, which has yet to see the light of day.

I.D. Models are long OOP, however "Tigger" from BM has acquired many of the I.D. Models patterns and is re-issueing the vac-form kits as "Tigger Models". I understand the 1:48 B-52 is due for release from him quite soon.

Darius

Awesome, I will be earning my Air Force wings this week and am slated to go to the B-52. Really want to get a 1/48 scale model of the BUFF. Very excited to see something released.

Dale

As the sentence above the photo states, the B-52 in the photo is an I.D. Models vac form and not the Sanger kit, which has yet to see the light of day.

I.D. Models are long OOP, however "Tigger" from BM has acquired many of the I.D. Models patterns and is re-issueing the vac-form kits as "Tigger Models". I understand the 1:48 B-52 is due for release from him quite soon.

Darius