Not doing another!

Fifer54

Well, I dug another Starter Kit out of the stash (that's both of them now). It's a Westland Sea King, which comes with markings for

ASR machines of 22 Sqn RAF or 330 Sqn RNorAF. I would have had another go for this GB, but I can't foresee a satisfactory

finish. The RAF machine is (of course) overall Yellow, and even with 2 pots of yellow paint in the kit, I can't imagine a decent result

without primer and more coats. The main paint colours for the other option are not included in the kit. So I won't now be building it

for this group build.

:coat:

I know what you mean Gaz, I found it real hard to just let go and build and not to worry about the quality of the build and paint

Actually, once I started, I found it very easy to let go..........but then I've not done many aircraft in recent years, so I looked upon this as a kick-start.

However, I think because they were such small, cheap kits, I found it easier....the Sea King, no.....I couldn't do it with something that size!

However, I think because they were such small, cheap kits, I found it easier....the Sea King, no.....I couldn't do it with something that size!

I think that's the key - saying "what the heck" on a dinky £7 starter set is one thing - saying "what the heck" on (say) a £50 HMS Illustrious is something else. It's not the cash entirely, of course - it's also that you know what kind of job you could do on a bigger kit, so the difference between what you know is possible and what you can actually achieve with the box contents is greater. You have a much higher "shame to waste it" factor :)