Great Gerry Anderson model site

GrahamS

Amazing stuff!

I just love TB2...I always have but it would have never flown? It's a total aerodynamic brick!

However consider the reverse swept wing...now there's foresight!!

Amazing stuff!

I just love TB2...

With you there Rich, although my all-time favourite was "Thunderbird 6" which appeared in one of the films - a Tiger Moth iirc.

... It's a total aerodynamic brick! ...

Ah, perhaps the engines were powerful enough to prove the old saw that you can make anything fly with enough power - reminds me of a certain aircraft that begins with P ... :whistle:

A few years ago I only used to scratch build, mostly Sci-Fi stuff.

This is a model of the Eagle Transporter I built, it's roughly about 1/48 scale.

It's made of MDF and plastic; some of the spine is made from steel to take the weight of the craft when the pod is removed.

MyEagle1.jpg

MyEagle2.jpg

I've not quite finished it off, it's been primed in white and some of the details painted.

The only place large enough to keep it was on top of the wardrobe in my son's bedroom, but I've now boxed it up for safe keeping and put it in the loft until I can finish it off and find somewhere safe to display it.

Karl

Edited by Karl

Amazing stuff!

I just love TB2...I always have but it would have never flown? It's a total aerodynamic brick!

However consider the reverse swept wing...now there's foresight!!

Maybe it had early prototype Harrier engines :)