1:72 Mitsubishi Zero

Well i've decided to abandon the Triumph for a bit and have started work on a Mitsubishi Zero, here are a few pictures of the progress so far, it's the first model I will have built for over 10 years so hopefully it'll go ok, not sure how to tackle the canopy in this model, masking it could be a nightmare and doing it freehand will be too tricky.

Let me know what you think of my progress so far!

4490851435_52852cb524_b.jpg

4491492440_c53689bef2_b.jpg

4491495006_efcf7b8e95_b.jpg

4490853997_61a9fe73c5_b.jpg

Apologies for the poor picture quality!

I've finished mine. It's not a bad little kit, ideal for first timers! Unfortunately, because of all those rivets and the matt paint, you'll probably have as much trouble as I did to get the decals to stay on!

all those rivets and the matt paint, you'll probably have as much trouble as I did to get the decals to stay on!

Yup. I was playing the "matt paint vs decals with no chemical assistance" game last night. Once they're in-place, you need to go over them with a damp brush (damp with water, of course) - then they seem to not be too bad. How long they will stay there, of course, remains to be seen.....

Yup. I was playing the "matt paint vs decals with no chemical assistance" game last night. Once they're in-place, you need to go over them with a damp brush (damp with water, of course) - then they seem to not be too bad. How long they will stay there, of course, remains to be seen.....

About 0.37 secs........ Mine were peeling off before they were even dry! Even with my cheat, they still aren't that good!

I've finished mine. It's not a bad little kit, ideal for first timers! Unfortunately, because of all those rivets and the matt paint, you'll probably have as much trouble as I did to get the decals to stay on!

Just had a look at you little zero, nice work, how did you do you canopy?