AZ Model 1:72 Hawker Hurrican Mk.I

Deacon

I thought it was about time I started the thread for this build.

When I chose this particular kit, I believed I had bought the Finnish Air Force version. I hadn't. It was the Italian, Polish and Hungarian kit I had. :wall:

So, I bought the Inscale decal sheet to make up a Finnish aircraft. Here are photos of the kit (minus the resin bits, i know I have them somewhere) and new decal sheet.

IMG_6469.jpg

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

I need to try to pin down what aircraft numbers Mk.I's carried.

Cheers

Deacon

• Like 1

I thought it was about time I started the thread for this build.

I need to try to pin down what aircraft numbers Mk.I's carried.

Cheers

Deacon

HI Deacon

The Finns captured off the Russians, 4 MkII's, damged and belly landed, but only one was made airworthy with bits from other planes.

Just checked. That MK II was serialed HC-465, everything else is a MK1. They had 12 supplied, but only 10 arrived in Finland. (HU 461 and HU 462 lost in transit)

two crashed before the continuation war. (HC 453 and HC457.) HC-459 shot down July 1st 1941 by Finnish AA!

Only one Finn Hurricane was lost due to enemy action., HC 458, AA, 16 sep 41.

I was under the impression that all the Finnish Hurris had metal wings but looking at "Hurricanes in foriegn service" (Polish, with English suumary, can send you a link to pdf if you need) monograph

In this one appears to have a fabric wing.

The preserved machine has metal wings.

See the reference section here for links to a couple of walkrounds of this plane.

Note on the Inscale decals, they should tell you what is what, and that of the two upper plan views on the instructions, the middle one has metal wings, the right one is fabric.

looking at the pics here

http://www.kolumbus.fi/martti.kuivalainen/...ics/ins018.html

it says HC-456 has the fabric wing.

Hope that answers some questions.

PM me if you need more info.

cheers

Troy

Edited by Troy Smith

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately a combination of trying to do too many GB's and being defeated by the resin wheel wells on this kit will result in me not completing this build.

Just want to say thanks to those who helped me sort out one or two issues with this build and congratulations to those who will complete

their projects. :clap:

Deacon