1/72 MiG-25PU "Foxbat-C"

ConspX

The Condor kit is although a bit tricky in places is a nice kit to build. A lot simplier than the similar ICM kit, although they only do the single seaters. My completed kit is Britmodeller somewhere in the ready for inspection section.

The Condor kit is although a bit tricky in places is a nice kit to build. A lot simplier than the similar ICM kit, although they only do the single seaters. My completed kit is Britmodeller somewhere in the ready for inspection section.

Yes Jabba, I saw your built 2-3 months ago, and I was amazed how you managed to hide the panel lines. Did you mask them all, or was it just the kit. Personally I like defined recessed panel lines but yours was done like it was flat, which is amazing in my opinion and pretty hard to do also

Hi ConspX, your best bet would be Hannants for prices in the European region. For some reason Aviapress and Hobbyterra are charging outlandishly high prices for the kit. Hannants is out of stock at the moment but should be available not too long for now.

Here's the link:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/CDR72014

I'm building this kit at the moment. Fit is average, but you will need to watch out for the fit of the rear fuselage. The tailfins are molded as part of the aft fuselage panels and I managed to wind up with a large gap between the base of the tailfins and top panel. I fixed that with putty but something I suspect will not happen with proper planning. Good luck!

So.... how do the Condor, Zvezda & ICM kits stack up against the Hasegawa original issue?

Far off ahead in terms of accuracy. Hasegawa is some other plane, not MiG-25

Doug: Hasegawa's kit is an older one from the 70's based from the first pics took when Beleko arrived to Japan. So the accuracy is not that good (wrong exhausts, wrong fin stabilizers, and other more).

I built it years ago and the parts doesn't come together easily; you must work "a bit" on the fuselage with putty and sanding and the cockpit as you can imagen, very poor.

Some pics of my Hasegawa 1/72 "Foxbat A" took several years ago barely finished:

Mig-25-025.jpg

Mig-25-027.jpg

Mig-25-026.jpg

I tried to represents the Belenko's Mig-25P ;)

Hope this could help you :)

Cheers,

BL.

ICM=Kondor? IMHO yes...

Cheers :police:

Not quite. Although they look the same the build up of the aft fuselage is slightly different. The ICM model has a lot more parts having 11 against Kondors 4. Having built both kits I found I found the ICM kit to be the bit more of a pain in the backside than the Kondor one.

ICM

Kondor, mainly due to the fact that it has less parts to make up the aft fuselage.

• 1 year later...