One Aston Ready to start

Graham77

Here goes the build of the Aston,

IMG_2690.jpg

The kit in all its glory and the stuff i'll be using to build it.

IMG_2697.jpg

Some trimming and painting of the chassis components and then the completed Rolling chassis from below and with the seats fitted from above

IMG_2701-1.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

And now to the dreaded Gloss coat for the bodywork. The first coat was dreadful, but i followed it up pretty swiftly with a thinner second coat let it dry and then a final third coat brush marks and all

IMG_2705-1.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

Finally add it all together and what do you get...

IMG_2717.jpg

One DB5 and a whole lot of fun

Thanks for the comments, this was a great group build to start on BM. I have the MGB and the TR4 aswell so I may give them a go now i have got the hang of these cars, they both look like they may be more interesting than the Aston as bonnets open etc, now I just have to find the spare time.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I was after some spare time and now I have it so I set about the MGB, having enjoyed the quick build on the Aston.

Initially the kit and instructions looked to be better. The detail was good and the instructions included arrows

KitandInstructions.jpg

The painting of the chassis and construction started off well

Chassis.jpg

Even the drivers space and dashboard came together well (piccy a little out of focus but for a starter kit I hope you get my drift)

Paxcompartment.jpg

Then came the bodywork and the model started to get frustrating. Humbrol 69 Gloss (seaking yellow as I now remember it from younger days) was a nightmare to get on and the finish I got was after a combination of full paint and watered down paint layers. I stopped counting at about 4 and just stopped painting slightly after that accepting that, that was as good as it was going to get and finished off the model.

Glossing.jpg

And so now for the final product from the front

Asgoodasitgets1.jpg

From the rear

Rearview.jpg

With the bonnet up

Underthehood.jpg

and underneath

Underside.jpg

And now I have a two ship, maybe in the next week I'll find time to add the Triumph aswell. I am not happy with how this one came out as I had great expectations however I am very keen to get hold of another one and do it properly with some good British Racing Green paint and some proper masking rather than free hand with the free brush. Of the three cars I think this is the best one although the result probably is let down by the gloss yellow

FinishedwiththeAston.jpg