HMS Diamond 1953

The three main deckhouses have been painted and two of them have been fixed to the main deck.The bridge structure requires somemore work,before attaching.I`ve made the T.Tubes from some left-overs from an old Tamiya Fletcher model,which I made years ago,these needed to be modified to make them look more RN,After adding minor details I will next attempt to build the Lattice mast ,with the funnel embedded in it.It`s going to be a tricky job ,but I`m working on a solution.

Cheers for now,Phil

DSCN0374.jpg

DSCN0375.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

Edited by Phil Reeder

All the T.Tubes have been finished,and I`ve started detailing the aft end of the ship.The "Squid loading thingy" has been finished,although,I may have to replace one bit of sprue.Next job is the aft funnel.I`ve made a start with just two pieces of tubular plastic,that will be my main task for today.

Cheers,Phil

RSCN0379.jpg

RSCN0380.jpg

the aft funnel is finish,and attached.I`ve made a start to the complex forward funnel ,which is embedded in the lattice mast . I go the basic shape ,so now I start adding the mass of plumbing that is inside this mast,gonna be some job !

Bye ,Phil

DSCN0381.jpg

RSCN0383.jpg

The additional detailing of the mast is completed,over a hundred pieces of brass,plastic,and PE were used in it`s construction.I`ve left off the top-mast ,some yards ,and the Radar aerials for later,as these might get damaged during the rest of the build.I`ve primed it ready for painting,for a change I`m using Humbrol gray primer from a rattle can.

So long,Phil

RSCN0390.jpg

RSCN0392.jpg

The King is back!Welcome back Phil mate,I have watch and admired your past work so much,now you are on my favourite subject destroyers.

After your aircraft build i thought we had lost you for ever from ship modeling,needless to say the daring build once again truly awesome and inspiring.

KEEP INSPIRING all of us

Regards

D97 CORUNNA (Alan)

The King is back!Welcome back Phil mate,I have watch and admired your past work so much,now you are on my favourite subject destroyers.

After your aircraft build i thought we had lost you for ever from ship modeling,needless to say the daring build once again truly awesome and inspiring.

KEEP INSPIRING all of us

Regards

D97 CORUNNA (Alan)

Gosh Alan,you make me sound like "Elvis",thanks a lot .Here`s a pic that might interest you:

SL270133.jpg

Phil

The mast has been completed ,apart from the topmast details ,and attached to the deck.I`ve made the deckhouse that sits at the base of the mast,it just needs painting,also I`ve made a start on the DCT.

Cheerio,Phil

DSCN0393.jpg

The bridge area is almost finished,I`ve added the STAAG 40mm mounts,and finished off the DCT.For the third time ,I`ve replaced the anchor chain,this time with some PE from the Dragon Buchanan kit,seems to look better.The walkways between the deckhouses has been done ,and I`ve made a start on the carley float supports.There is light at the end of tunnel,at last!!

Bye,Phil

DSCN0394.jpg

DSCN0395.jpg

DSCN0396.jpg

Hi Phil,the daring's coming together nicely.I did many many years ago a scaled up build of Diana of this class from the

old Airfix kit,scaled up to 1:300.

I remember only to well the complex bridge and mast structures.What a nightmare that was,still the build looks great,

well done so far mate.

Regards

D97 CORUNNA (Alan)

Hi Phil,the daring's coming together nicely.I did many many years ago a scaled up build of Diana of this class from the

old Airfix kit,scaled up to 1:300.

I remember only to well the complex bridge and mast structures.What a nightmare that was,still the build looks great,

well done so far mate.

Regards

D97 CORUNNA (Alan)

have u seen the prices that the old Airfix HMS Daring goes for £30

Things are going smoothly(fingers crossed!),I started to add the deckrailing on the deckhouses,and finished the side carley float mounts.I`m in the process of doing the ships boats,and davits.

The next thing will be casting the 4.5 turrets.This will the first time I`ve tried this,plan to look at the casting section on BM to give me an idea of how to go about it. :hmmm:

Bye Phil

DSCN0397.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0399.jpg

Phil, you're a total inspiration, that model really seems to move, even in its unfinished form. We used to get Duchess in Nelson when it was a floating class room from the RAN, the whole rear set up had been replaced by a large structure which I was told was a class room for new seamen or was it officer cadets. Not sure 30 years on. She always looked good coming thru the cut in a way the Rothesays & Leanders never did.

Steve.