1/72 F5-E Tiger II

sartois66

Must say what a great little kit this is. The fit is excellent and could only find two small sink marks so far (not filled of course!). The leading and trailing edges of the tail and wings look scale thickness as they are paper thin, as are the fronts of the engine intakes. The only negative so far is an engine exhuast part missing, but that could be my fault ripping open the bag of sprues in my rush to start!

Here it is with the cockpit glued up.

100_1029.jpg

Cockpit and pilot painted, glued into fuselage with wings and tail.

100_1030.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

Kirk

Looks good so far. That must be a newer tool than the one I did as a kid, as I don't recall the wings being one-piece units :hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the positive comments all. Couple more pics now able to crack on a bit at last!

Now how do I fix my missing exhaust part problem?

F-5onitsway.jpg

Well, used some unused bits from the kit and the centres of two sprue gates!!

Howtofixproblemslikeamissingexhaust.jpg

Here is the first coat of the lighter camo.

Firstpainton.jpg

More to come soon.

Cheers

Kirk

Hi Glen, only self inflicted problems!

More progress, new rear end in place and first (thined) coat of the dark brown

100_1055-1.jpg

Just about finished the painting and gluing now. Quite chuffed how this is turning out tbh.

100_1061.jpg

100_1060.jpg

100_1063.jpg

On to the stickers!

100_1059.jpg

Cheers

Kirk

looking good the F5E is a better kit than the A !! and you get more paints....I have the E as well to do but can I do that in time?...Will post A progress as about to paint it, you guys doing the E are ending up with superb paint jobs with very neat camo most envious

dave

Yipee! It's done! My first complete build of the year and the fastest build for me since I was about 12! Loved every minute of this group build, quite inspiring to see how others have approached their subject and got over any difficulties. As I've said before, a great kit, spot on selection of paints ,with nice brushes and pretty good glue. More pics in the finished thread.

100_1066.jpg

Thanks for looking, your turn now!

Kirk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the kind words all.

Hi Glen, well, I just added a touch of black, what came with the kit, to the two browns, thinned it down a bit with some water and used the small brush. Went back over any mistakes with some of the original colour. Hope that makes sense!

Cheers

Kirk