1:72 Red Arrows Hawk

Mike

I've already had my rant about starter kits on another thread, so I won't dive in again :)

The photos may flatter, Mike - but it still looks pretty good to me. Paint looks fine, and personally, I *always* have at least one torn or wonky decal on a model (it's like a little trademark of mine....)... always assuming they were in-register to start with, which yours clearly weren't. Excellent job with limited resources, and 10/10 for perseverance when there were obviously times when you would have been happy to see it nose-diving into the wheelie-bin from a considerable height.

Cheers chap - too kind :)

I have made it a personal crusade to see none of my models be thrown or smashed in anger or frustration. It's a waste of a good (or otherwise) kit, my time, and it's more than a little childish if it's done in anger*, and who knows? One day in the future I may have become a better modeller & be able to restart the job :innocent:

* I have recently smashed a light fitting, but that was done in pure ecstacy at getting rid of the flickery, flashy piece of junk that was faulty from the outset** & has been irritating me for years until a new fitting was acquired :) I really enjoyed swinging it baseball style into the corner of the house :wicked:

** Sadly, I didn't really use it much for the first year, so taking it back wasn't an option. :shrug:

It's a waste of a good (or otherwise) kit, my time, and it's more than a little childish if it's done in anger*,

I'm with you on that - I spoke, of course, in jest.... although I do sympathise about the light-fitting :) I recall having a cermonial bonfire for something that had been irking me for ages*, but since I can't remember what the heck it was, it clearly can't have irked me that much.

* I'm fairly sure that it wasn't my ex-wife... nice though that would have been.

Edited by Milo Black

Wow, that came out really well in the end, excellent job

Antony

Thanks Antony - and thanks for the instructions. I'd have had no clue about where to put the little decals without those :)

Thanks also to.... ummm.... sorry fella, I've forgotten who sent me the paints & decals. Again - wi'out you, it wouldn't have got started :thumbsup: