My first airliner kit

richellis

When I was about 7, or 8 a family friend gave me a kit of an airliner for christmas. it was a Vc10 style airliner (T tail, 4 poded engines at the rear) but I have a feeling it was a russian kit so prob a Il-62. It was about a 1/100 and in a cream colour plastic.

What kit was it? Who made it?

Id love another so I could take longer than 5 mins to build, and as I found out it didnt fly from my bedroom window very well, so I dont need to try that again either!

any ideas??

Ta

I went on one of them, Old Gorby's when he came to see Maggie on the way to see Regan........... now there was a squandering of money..... you would not have believed what I saw going on.

Plasticart/Playfix did a Il62. I've got one. I had a Tu154 as one of my first kits but it was in an Il62 box. Many years later I bought the IL62 but that was in a Tu154 box! How weird is that.

Anyhow this is a good site to see all those strange big scale VEB kits.......

http://www.familie-wimmer.com/hobby/hr06/h...b/index.html#16

One of my other early airliner kits was a Airfix B737 in Lufthansa markings. Then in the 1980's I repainted it in Britannia colours with some Letraset titles. Recently I sold it for spares. :winkgrin: