1/72 P-40E Kittyhawk

Ok started at 9:30.

First job of the day......make tea!

DSC01405.jpg

Second... Set up.

DSC01402.jpg

Managed to mix paints #93 & #96 to give myself something resembeling green, and if you squint your eyes it could almost be interior green!!

DSC01407.jpg

Goning against every fiber of my being here, but i am going to build it with a the pilot in, don't normally like to hide the cocpit detail, but not a problem in this case, if you know what i mean!

Used my initiative a little and made a seat cushion out of masking tape. Considering making seat belts but we shall see how it goes!

DSC01412.jpg

Got the Fuselage halves together now. Thank god for the file is all i can say.

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

More to follow.

Richard

Ok, so i just couldn't put it down.

That is definitly it for today, might try some weathering with watered down black paint on Monday, see how the mood takes me.

Here it is in all its glory....or not!

DSC01423.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

DSC01426.jpg

An excelent way to spend a day!!

Now its time for a drink :drink:

Richard

An excelent way to spend a day!!

Now its time for a drink :drink:

Richard

Thats agreed got half an hour before back to family reality!! I've enjoyed building mine today but most impressed yours is 95% finished painted & decaled!!

Thanks for all the comments guys, not sure its always a good thing to be a quick finisher :oops:

Paul i am tempted by another one but i think i need a few days to recover from this one, feel exhausted. If i do another it will be at a slightly more relaxed pace.

Seeing all these Whirlwinds is tempting me though!!

As for using Acrylics, Plastic Bonsai, it was my first time too, didn't find them too bad, i took the aproach of not too much paint on the brush and several thin coats. To be honest i was suprised that the brush as actualy not that bad to use.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

By the look of this & other P40 starter kit builds, the decals on these are of reasonable quality? My kit which was pre starter kit had totally crap decals, as translucent as a translucent thing. What are the thoughts of those who've done these? I've enjoyed watching all of these builds.

Steve.

By the look of this & other P40 starter kit builds, the decals on these are of reasonable quality? My kit which was pre starter kit had totally crap decals, as translucent as a translucent thing. What are the thoughts of those who've done these? I've enjoyed watching all of these builds.

Steve.

Didn't find them too bad Steve, the one which straddles the tail did split on me, but think i got away with it, managed to get it back together. One or two took a bit of persuasion to actually stick, but generally i thought they were ok. Cant complain too much

Rich

Thanks for this Rich, compared to the ones I had they didn't seem see thru to any degree, so I might get one of these sets & flick off the rest of it with the old decals. I used the Aussie ones that were with mine. See thru as a film stars nightie! :lol:

Steve.