308 GTB

Muller

1/24 Revellogram 308 GTB.

SL380316-1.jpg

Sprues primed. Only 44 parts to this one.

SL380317.jpg

Body primed with Hu34.

SL380328-1.jpg

Cockpit nearly done, needs some buff coloured flocking for carpets, mats & pedals still need tgo be painted, might attempt some seat-belts.

SL380326.jpg

SL380329-1.jpg

Cheers fellas.

Will get a close-up of the dash for you Baldrick.

Have to agree with you Obi, the 80's weren't great for good-looking Ferrari's, but I do have a soft spot for the Mondial coupe.

89_MONDIAL_T_r.jpg

The kitmakers don't though, none available!

My next build in the GB will be an 80's Ferrari......

mm1799.jpg

Edit: someone deleted my mondial pic, sorry for linking it to another site, was too lazy to upload one to photobucket!

Edited by Muller

No, I'm sorry, we can't allow that in the Ferrari GB - it's too ugly! :winkgrin:

LOL! I know, I was disgusted when Crockett in Miami Vice replaced his black Daytona with a white Testarossa. I still wouldn't mind a drive in one though!

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more done on the GTB.

Close up shot of the dash for baldrick... (hope its ok!)

SL380330.jpg

Finished the cockpit, added seatbelts and buckles, gave the seats and doors a bit of Pro-modellers dark wash..

SL380335-1.jpg

SL380336-1.jpg

The body with a few coats or red on, polished in between coats with Tamiya fine compound, still needs a few more coats I'd say..

SL380338.jpg

Wheels also done, body on to get an idea what it'll look like when finished.

SL380340.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

In that last photo, it looks like a Ferrari that's been neglected, and left in the sun for years.

Obi-Jiff :fish:

I must say that I agree with Obi, I hope that is just the pic that doesn't look right. Otherwise a superb build.

Thats about 3 light coats of Hu220 with Tamiya compound rub downs in between coats, it needs a few more coats, I took the pic with a spotlight and no flash, so maybe thats why it looks a bit orange.

But a neglected Ferrari with faded paint, dusty windows and flat tyres could be a cool build... :hmmm:

Deformed diamond in the rough Obi! Disaster has struck this build, I had layed down 3 more coats of red, polished in between coats, decided on one more before applying the decals. I've been putting the freshly painted body in a plastic container to dry to avoid attracting dust to the wet paint, and then putting it on the heater in the bathroom to help dry/cure the paint a bit quicker without any problems.

But yesterday, somebody (SWMBO) got out of the shower a after drying herself put the towel on top of the plastic container..... I took her out for lunch and when I got back a couple hours later this is what I found.

SL380342-1.jpg

SL380343.jpg

For some reason it reminds me of a Lamborghini. :D Looking for a cheap replacement kit on ebay right now and not having much luck, my LHS is the cheapest option so far, I wonder could I get a replacement part from Revell??

This build is back on track, i won that kit yesterday. I don't know how long it'll take to get here from the US. It could take a couple of weeks, bet there's a backlog of mail from there with the no-fly zone over us.

I'm going to start the 512TR build and come back to this one when I have the replacement body.

• 2 weeks later...

Arived today Gajman :D It's the exact same kit, except its red instead of white and has chromed wheels. I'll try and get a replacement body from Revell, which I believe can take months, so I can build another one sometime.

SL380345.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers lads, the new body is a bit warped too, not as bad as the original though! I'm hoping it'll straighten out when it gets fixed to the chassis.

New body primed with Halfords rattle-can. Instead of micro-mesh or tamiya rubbing compound I used Mers car polish to rub it down with.

P1000158.jpg

Interior of the body sprayed black, did a bit of shading under the chassis too.

P1000159.jpg

Body painted white with Tamiya acrylic, it's got about three coats, polished again with Mers. I was tempted to leave it white, I reckon it looks cool! B)

P1000160.jpg

A few coats of Hu220 on, it still needs to be polished, I'm leaving it for a week to cure before doing so.

P1000164.jpg

This one has been nowhere near a heater!