F-111E differences with F-111F's?

Inverted

Hi everyone...

Done a quick google search, but thought you guys might be the quicker route!

looking to possibly build a lakenheath F-111F. I have the Hobbyboss F-111D/E. Is there much to change to get it to F standard?

I understand D/E's had the shorter wing. Was the F the first with the longer version? I believe the E had the larger intakes so that should be fine...

Any help greatly appreciated :)

The only USAF pigs that had long wings were the FB's that SAC flew. All tactical 111's had the short wing. I'm not an expert, but I believe the F model had some substantial differences in the back end, particularly the fairing between the exhaust nozzles. The cockpits were also very different among the USAF types. They had totally different avionics suites. Don't hold me to this, but I believe the D/E had different intakes from the F.

J

From F-111.net

Type Engines Intakes Wings Under-carriage Remarks

F-111D TF-30 P9 / P109 Triple Plow II Short Light First Digital F-111 equipped with Mark II avionics. Pulse Doppler radar.

F-111E TF-30 P3 / P103 Triple Plow II Short Light Updated design of the F-111A ordered due to delays in acceptance of the F-111D. Analogue avionics updated by AMP

F-111F TF-30 P100 Triple Plow II Short Light Avionics updated by Pacer Strike. Fitted with PaveTack after initial production.

Looks like externally they were the same with the same intakes, different engine marks but I don't think externally they were different. The biggy was that the F could take the pavetack and differnet cockpit configs.

thanks for the help guys!

Couldn't find that section on f-111.net initially. Not the easiest site to navigate.

Looks like the burner cans may be the only obvious external difference, but paragon do a set, so time for the hunt to begin!!

:devil:

thanks for the help guys!

Couldn't find that section on f-111.net initially. Not the easiest site to navigate.

Looks like the burner cans may be the only obvious external difference, but paragon do a set, so time for the hunt to begin!!

:devil:

Hannants had plenty in stock at the beginning of this month when I was across there. One less set by the time I left though ;)

Hannants had plenty in stock at the beginning of this month when I was across there. One less set by the time I left though ;)

As hannants aren't up and running again yet, i found modelsforsale had some in :) i nabbed the last pot of xtracrylix forest green as well :0

Starting to collate the references, and have found numerous pics of the aircraft with and without Pave tack. The Hobbyboss kit includes the pod with all the correct fairings and the cooling duct... i think it would be rude not to put it on!! ;)

I must admit, i think Hobby Boss may well have their best release so far here! cant wait to get started! :)