Cromwell Models

Biggles

Hi

I ordered some stuff from Gordon at Cromwell Models back on 2 December last year, but have not recieved my order.

His telephone number just says "call back later" with no opportunity to leave a message, and there has been no response to my (polite) e-mails asking for news on the progress of my order, apart from one late February saying he'd look into it (nothing since).

Now it seems he is still sending out new models for review, so does anyone know what the problem is please?

No change from the standard Cromwell Models way of trading then.

I know this isn't much help but can only advise that a lot of Cromwell's customers have the same problem. I ordered 3 items back in September last year. Checked all three were in stock before I ordered and paid for them. Two were sent after about 4 weeks, I still await the third item.

I won't buy from them direct again.

Guest snipersmudge

I am afraid this is a well documented story, just check out missing lynx. One man band, great models but no web site and no real customer care. It has always been the same from cromwell. I now only buy his stuff from shows. waiting 3 to 4 months for stuff which is in stock is frankly not good enough these days as I see no excuse for it apart from bad management and organisation.

I am sure if cromwell actually one day got their act together the turnover would triple.

:shithappens:

Edited by snipersmudge

Hmmm..

Seems I am not alone - and don't have the record wait by any means!

OK I'll just sit tight and see what happens...

I agree with previous comments. His stuff is excellent - I have his 1/35 Ferret 2/3 and Oliphant conversion, and both are superb. Shame really that customer service seems not to be a high priority - I really don't mind waiting as long as I'm kept in the picture, its the not knowing that is frustrating - and will now stop me buying except at shows until things change.

Hello,

I'm from Poland. 5 monts ago I ordered in Cromwell the kits for 330 Ł. Gordon took the money from my credit card in November 2009 but I have not still kits. No kits no answer for my e-mails etc.

I think that I will not receive these models. So , do not buy from this company !!!

Leszek

• 3 weeks later...

It's me again, people do not buy the company's models. These are the lost money. In early November 2009 I ordered several models for 330 pounds. The money disappeared from my cards and I do not have models. It is already almost the end of April 2010. 3 weeks ago I described this matter already at the modeling forums. Mr Brown replied that the models are on the way. Funny, because I still do not have. Do not waste your money. I will describe the matter in all forums to warn people. I ordered models around the world and nobody cheated me with the exception of this company. Mr Brown, if you do not want to send the models take back the money!

Leszek Volkmann from Poland

There's a moral here folks - If you're going to trust Gordon Brown with your money, make sure you order with a credit card so that you can claim it back if he doesn't deliver!

Shame we couldn't have done so with the other Gordon Brown. :(

Good news!

My order arrived last week!

Dunno whether this is due to my e-mails or complete co-incidence - but it seems you will get your order if you wait long enough!

Still, I shall be wary about ordering again until his website is back up , which should indicate he is 'back to normal'.

Mike

Good news!

My order arrived last week!

Dunno whether this is due to my e-mails or complete co-incidence - but it seems you will get your order if you wait long enough!

Still, I shall be wary about ordering again until his website is back up , which should indicate he is 'back to normal'.

Mike

Congratulations Mike, you win the 'I've ordered from Cromwell Models and actually got my order' medal!!

What you've been through is normal though Mike. Don't believe having a website will change things.

For me I still await my Churchill Turret ordered last august. Sent yet another chaser email over the weekend but no response or goods. Not expecting either soon