Tornado winter camouflage

Dondy

Hello there :bye:

For one of my next Tornado projects in 1/32 I'm now searching for british Tornados wearing a winter camouflage which was temporarely applied on some Tornados when training in Norway.

My search for pictures was not so succesfull as I only found one picture on airliners.net :(

Hopefully some of you can help me here :)

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dondy,

There are a couple of nice pictures in the new SAM datafile on the Tornado. Its a great scheme!

Regards

David

Hi Dave,

thanks for that! I think I will have to order it :) You mean the "AirData Series"?

The patern is the standard wrap around as applied the Tornado GR1 with the dark grey overpainted with the whitewash.

Hi Shaun,

not always. I found a picture in the book "Tornado - MRCA" from Jon Lake in which the green was overpainted.

I think the biggest problem for me is finding some decals in 1/32 I can use....

Hi Shaun,

not always. I found a picture in the book "Tornado - MRCA" from Jon Lake in which the green was overpainted.

I think the biggest problem for me is finding some decals in 1/32 I can use....

You are right, there are variation in the scheme, some aircraft have got the colours the otherway around. Also in the Tornado book one aircraft has none standard pattern on the front end.

Decals will be your problem?

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

Decals will be your problem?

More or less ;)

I would really like to do a GR.1A bird from Marham like this one: http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Pa...GR1A/1162633/L/

Sadly the XtraDecal sheet which covers 2. SQN is oop :(

But also in Jon Lake's Tornado book, there is a picture of a No. 13 SQN Tornado in winter camouflage and the XtraDecal sheet featuring 13. SQN is still available.

Thats why I'm also looking for some pictures. To see which squadron did paint some of their Tornados in winter camouflage so that I can choose the jet / squadron, I have decals for :)

Model Alliance do a scheme in 1/72, so perhaps they might do one in 1/32. There is a good picture on the front of the Crowood Tornado book which shows a 2 Sqn aircraft, which has the Dk Green painted white with all the normal Sqn markings. The book later show a 13 Sqn aircraft with again the Dk Green painted white and full Sqn markings.

More or less ;)

I would really like to do a GR.1A bird from Marham like this one: http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Pa...GR1A/1162633/L/

Sadly the XtraDecal sheet which covers 2. SQN is oop :(

But also in Jon Lake's Tornado book, there is a picture of a No. 13 SQN Tornado in winter camouflage and the XtraDecal sheet featuring 13. SQN is still available.

Thats why I'm also looking for some pictures. To see which squadron did paint some of their Tornados in winter camouflage so that I can choose the jet / squadron, I have decals for :)

Dondy,

Have a photo of 'Romeo' in winter scheme, and might be able to help if you want to do 2 Sqn...

[email protected]

Colin